NEW Medical Receptionist Position at FGM Pediatrics!
FGM Pediatrics is a group practice with 1 location, North Riverside, IL Currently, FGM Pediatrics specializes in Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics with 3 physicians. FGM is currently looking for a medical receptionist. The right candidates will perform the following:
Perform receptionist duties using specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures. Duties may include scheduling appointments, billing patients, and compiling and recording medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information and taking messages.
- Greets visitors entering establishment and directs or escorts them to specific destinations. Ensures that reception area is presentable for visitors, as necessary.
- Manages appointment scheduling, payments on balances and insurance questions with patients.
- Assists the physicians with preparing necessary referrals, lab orders, prescriptions and typing up letters.
- Check-in patients for sick visits and health maintenance visits, obtain vitals and update medical history.
- Maintains and analyzes patient information in “CITRIX” database.
- Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Organized end of day encounters, deposits and patient charts in preparation for next business day.
- Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
- Designs, prints and delivers presentations and other materials for office meetings and special work related events.
- Performs administrative duties and other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a medical office or hospital setting.