Performs activities related to the design, modification, and operation of process equipment in a petrochemical plant. This position will review the process equipment/data and takes action to improve plant operations. Manage projects from conception through completion including development, design and execution of capital, expense and maintenance projects in a safe and efficient manner.
- Developing technical specification to procure equipment and services. Evaluating procurement bid to select proper equipment vendor.
- Completing requirements for compliance with OSHA Process Safety Management Regulations including but not limited to the maintenance of documentations such as P&IDs, SOPs, operating limits and equipment specifications.
- Preparing justification, cost estimates and other project documents are required for approval.
- Providing oversight of installation, startup and performance testing of multiple projects concurrently.
- Providing oversight of the plant operation by reviewing, studying, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting the plant systems and equipment and providing recommendations.
- Analyzing and interpreting data for opportunities to improve production efficiencies, yields and operating costs. Generating reports summarizing findings.
- Improving the process by implementing changes in operations, controls, equipment, procedures, parameters, operational theory and other related items.
- Serving as a technical resource for maintenance and operations.
- Providing support and expertise in turnaround (TA) planning and execution.
- Performing design work and supervision for other assigned tasks to ensure they are completed safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a working knowledge of ASME/API Codes
- Familiarity with Mechanical Integrity Programs
- Must have excellent problem-solving with conceptional thinking skills
- Excellent communication and teamworking skills while working across global diverse teams
- Ability to work extended hours and support plant on nights and weekends as business needs dictate.
- Excellent project and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering. Degree in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience working in a petrochemical environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Climb ladders to heights over 65 feet.
- Work in high noise and dust areas with appropriate PPE.
- Vapor-mist cartridge respirator may be required.
- Able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds.
This position will initially be located in Gonzales, LA or Baton Rouge, LA during construction. This position will ultimately be located at the plant site in St. James, LA.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other related tasked be performed as assigned.