Supervisory Management and Program Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a first level supervisor over a staff of Management and Program Analysts. Typical assignments include:
- Providing expert level advice to senior agency officials concerning complex and unusual management and program review issues.
- Managing a group of Management and Program Analysts, who, as advisors manage a highly complex, professional/ administrative workload of projects and studies.
- Identifying and integrating significant internal and external programs, policies, procedures, practices and systems that may affect the entire agency in the areas of organization, resource management, and business administration.
- Exercising technical and administrative supervisory controls that are in keeping with a first level supervisory position.
FEMAWhy Work Here?
Join our team and use your talent to support survivors in their time of greatest need.
Federal Emergency Management Agency's mission is to support our citizens and first responders to ensure that as a nation we work together to build, sustain and improve our capability to prepare for, protect against, respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards.