Animal Care Taker II
- Posted: 1 day ago
- $20 to $23 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
FEFA, LLC is currently seeking an Animal Caretaker II for an animal research facility in Aberdeen, MD. The responsibility of the role requires proper care, handling, and maintenance of on-site animals, equipment, and facilities.
This description is not all-inclusive of the duties required to complete the job daily. Employees are expected to complete all assigned duties each day as directed by management.
**************$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS***************************
Compensation range of $20.00-$23.00 and is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, FEFA, LLC. offers benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending Account, an Employee Referral Program, and Paid Holidays.
- 7:00 am and 3:30 pm (Monday through Friday)
- Required to work some weekends and holidays as scheduled, generally between 7:00 am and 1:00 pm, but this may vary.
- Read, comprehend and follow all project SOP’s and Performance Standards.
- Possess the appropriate skills necessary to care for small and large animals.
- Perform daily animal health checks and report any abnormal conditions to the appropriate supervisor and/or veterinarian.
- Ensure excellent animal care by providing animal cage changing, including feed and water, following project SOP’s and schedules established by management.
- Maintain daily animal census sheets, room equipment, and other forms according to project SOP’s.
- Clean and sanitize animal facility according to project SOP’s and schedules set by management.
- Maintain animal caging and support equipment.
- Provide appropriate receiving for incoming shipments according to project SOP.
- Provide handling/restraint and manipulation of various animal species.
- Maintain all records including but not limited to log sheets and room records.
- Facilitate relations between the customer and personnel regarding husbandry issues.
- Ability to navigate Work Order system and computer programs.
- Operating company vehicles in a safe manner.
- Assist with the receipt, stocking, and maintenance of all supply inventories.
- Ensure that procedures and practices involving the program of animal care are appropriate for the continued maintenance of AAALAC accreditation,
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs.; bend, stoop, climb and stand for a prolonged period.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold a current ALAT certification or be able to take the exam 6 months of hire.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Teams etc.)
- Previous experience required.
- Ability to meet all screening requirements.
- Must be a US Citizen and obtain a favorable background and clearance.
FEFA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?