Sr Business Analyst Project Mgr
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager Date: September 2022
Division: Information Technology FLSA: Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Manager, PMO Location: Hybrid/Reston
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Office of Finance’s (OF) Project Management Office (PMO) provides portfolio governance, program management, project management, and business analysis services. These services support the most critical issuance, servicing, and financial reporting applications used to deliver the OF’s function as the Federal Home Loan Banks’ (FHLBanks) fiscal agent. The Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager will serve as a critical role in support of the OF’s function as the FHLBanks’ fiscal agent in the analysis, issuance, and servicing of the FHLBanks’ $600+ billion dollar debt portfolio. The accuracy and the availability of the supporting application systems are critical to the successful operation of the OF.
The Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager has the responsibility for ensuring the requirements used to build and maintain mission critical applications and associated infrastructure, as well as the project management applied to the delivery of such applications and associated infrastructure, meet the needs of the OF and contribute to its effectiveness. The Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager will also support process improvements and core functions of the PMO.
The incumbent is expected to have a thorough understanding of business analysis techniques, project management techniques, and possess hands-on experience working in in a regulated environment, performing business analysis and project management. The Senior Business Analyst and Project Manager will collaborate heavily with all areas of IT (Applications Development, Operations, Networking and Security, Enterprise Architecture) and Business Units (such as Capital Markets, Debt Services, Financial Reporting, Risk Management, and Human Resources).
All newly hired employees at the Office of Finance (OF) will be required to present acceptable proof of vaccination confirming that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their commencement of employment with the Office of Finance, subject to reasonable accommodation considerations under applicable law.
- Lead other Business Analyst and Project Managers and PMO contractors as directed (e.g., conduct application overviews, conduct process overviews, provide peer reviews of project management and business analysis deliverables, and support creation of onboarding materials).
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of mission critical applications of the OF.
- Propose and design business processes for mission critical applications on behalf of business areas, factoring in current and future business needs, as well as capabilities offered by existing applications across various product lines.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates to support annual planning and ongoing portfolio runway planning.
- Gather and document solution requirements that are unambiguous, testable, and traceable.
- Create and maintain business analysis deliverables such as process maps, user story maps, requirements documents, use cases, GUI prototypes, wire frames, UI specifications.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for business units, technical team, and external partners such as vendors and FHLBanks from project initiation to delivery.
- Facilitate project initiation, requirements gathering, planning, execution, requirements support, and closure activities managing dependencies across project tasks and a broad range of stakeholders.
- Create and maintain project management deliverables including project charter, project schedule, contracts, vendor artifacts, status reports, issues, risks, communication plan, project portfolio data, project KPIs, and cost reports.
- Maintain alignment of all assigned tasks and documentation with applicable OF policies, procedures, and regulatory expectations.
- Assist with PMO audits and IT portfolio reporting.
- Support the OF’s diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline, or related experience.
- 6 years of combined business analysis and project management experience.
- 2 years of experience as a financial analyst, software development architect, technical lead, software developer, or QA analyst.
- PMP, CSM, or any other BA certification required.
- Demonstrated skills in waterfall and agile project delivery methods.
- Experience gathering and writing requirements for mission-critical applications, preferably for debt settlement and servicing, fixed income capital markets, mortgage loan accounting, financial analysis, and risk modeling applications.
- Experience managing projects involving software development, infrastructure upgrades, COTS and SaaS implementations with in-house staff and external vendors.
- Experience managing a large number of concurrent projects in a product-oriented environment.
- Ability to articulate requirements, issues, and risks verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in creation of business analysis and project management deliverables.
- Ability to gain institutional knowledge quickly and become self-sufficient as an expert user for critical business applications that support debt issuance and servicing.
- Proficiency in MS Visio, MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment using portfolio management, requirements management, and application lifecycle management processes and tools.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently, to initiate and complete work assignments effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Knowledge of fixed income finance and accounting principles, preferred.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture, hair type and protective hairstyles), color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANKS OFFICE OF FINANCE
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?