Senior Manager of Compliance
- Posted: over a month ago
Senior Manager of Compliance
DATE: June 2022
General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Manager of Compliance works under the direction and supervision of the General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer and is responsible for administering, implementing and managing the enterprise-wide Compliance Program at the Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance (OF) and providing oversight of the OF’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance. In that capacity, the Senior Manager of Compliance works closely with business areas across the organization to ensure the effectiveness of controls, policies and procedures designed to facilitate compliance.
All newly hired employees at the Office of Finance will be required to present acceptable proof of vaccination confirming that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their commencement of employment with the Office of Finance, subject to reasonable accommodation considerations under applicable law.
- Administer, implement and manage an enterprise-wide Compliance Program (with a focus on regulatory compliance).
- Monitor relevant legal and regulatory developments to determine applicability, compliance requirements and the overall impact on the organization.
- Maintain the compliance module in the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool, including maintaining the compliance inventory and mapping compliance obligations to applicable controls, policies and procedures.
- Perform compliance risk assessments and develop and execute on annual compliance review plans, including performing gap analyses on applicable laws, regulations and guidance (including Federal Housing Finance Agency advisory bulletins), assessing any gaps in compliance efforts related to key business areas and monitoring remediation status of the gaps identified.
- Maintain effective communications with relevant stakeholders across the organization, including first-line compliance contacts, to monitor first-line compliance activities (including compliance-related operational incidents/issues), communicate relevant legal and regulatory developments to stakeholders, adopt sound compliance practices and promote a compliance culture.
- Develop and implement compliance metrics and prepare and deliver periodic compliance reporting to board of directors and management committees.
- Provide guidance and training to support business areas’ compliance activities.
- Administer, implement and manage the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) program.
- Update the compliance policy, program and procedures from time to time, as needed.
- Participate in compliance-related working groups and activities within the Federal Home Loan Bank System to facilitate communications and collaboration.
- Support the OF’s diversity and inclusion strategy by following policies and procedures that ensure opportunities for employees and diverse business partners.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
PRINCIPAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Advanced degree in a related field (e.g., law) and/or relevant professional certifications preferred.
- A minimum of six to eight years of professional work experience in compliance or another related field.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and trends in compliance, risk management and governance and demonstrated ability to administer, implement and manage a compliance program. Knowledge of third-party risk management a plus.
- Experience with regulated financial institutions (e.g., government-sponsored enterprises), including experience interacting with prudential regulators, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiatives, solve problems and adjust quickly to evolving needs.
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills and verbal communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with the board of directors, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Excellent judgment, high level of professional integrity and strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through on multiple projects concurrently and to manage projects independently.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse groups of individuals, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
- Software proficiency: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Federal Home Loan Banks Office of Finance is committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture, hair type and protective hairstyles), color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, uniformed service member status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a parent, marital status, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANKS OFFICE OF FINANCE
BusinessView all jobs at FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANKS OFFICE OF FINANCE