Protect federal property and employees from theft or damage, or persons from hazards or interference. Make periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserve order and enforce regulations pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
1. Controls access to client facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility.
2. Monitors entrances and exits; prevents unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
3. Patrols assigned site on foot.
4. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
5. Prepares logs or reports as required for post; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
6. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for post, by the company, or through training or certification.
7. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned post.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and /or testing):
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable federal, state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Demands:
With or without reasonable accommodation, a candidate must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
• Successful passage of background reference psychological and controlled substance tests in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
• Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
• Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift, run as needed. Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties. Frequent moving and/or lifting heavy objects.