Commercial Investments - Senior Analyst/Associate
- Expired: May 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Commercial Investments – Senior Analyst / Associate
Real Estate Private Equity is an exciting industry with the power to shape communities and change the built environment. The Senior Analyst/Associate role at FCP is a unique opportunity to launch a career in this sector, offering an amazing training ground that includes working directly with the firm’s leadership and other industry leaders, development of core financial and analytical skills and an opportunity to make an impact early in your career.
FCP is a leading real estate investment company that has invested in or financed more than $9.3 billion in assets since its founding in 1999. FCP’s Commercial strategy spans multiple sectors and geographies targeting acquisition rehabs, adaptive reuse and ground-up development. This position provides a rare opportunity to join a high-performing real estate private equity firm in our Washington, DC HQ office and play an active role on all aspects of deal execution.
As a Commercial Investments Senior Analyst/Associate, you will support our clients and investment decisions by:
- Underwrite potential acquisition and development opportunities by performing complex financial analyses, including cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses;
- Evaluate property-level financial data, review rent rolls, abstract leases, and develop operating and capital expenditure budgets;
- Gather and synthesize macro and micro economic, demographic and detailed real estate market data;
- Assist FCP regional leads in evaluating new acquisitions and developments as well as executing existing projects in FCP’s portfolio, including periodic travel to our target markets and assets;
- Create memos for presentation to investment committee and potential partners;
- Coordinate due diligence materials and closings for acquisitions, dispositions and debt financings;
- Evaluate lease economics for new and renewal transactions;
- Work with external venture partners and internal staff to oversee property management staff and budgets, leasing, and lender compliance and reporting;
- Coordinate with development management and accounting teams in schedule and draw review to ensure consistency with proforma;
- Streamline information and report regularly to senior management to aid in strategic decision-making at the deal and partnership level;
- Work on broad range of initiatives, including sector and market research, as well as PropTech and ESG initiatives to implement best practices and enhance portfolio value;
- Analyze monthly property-level financial statements and maintain quarterly and annual reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials;
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in real estate, finance or capital markets;
- Demonstrated proficiency in real estate financial analysis;
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic deliverables;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ARGUS software;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Motivated self-starter with effective time management skills and strong attention to detail;
- A desire to work within a fast-paced, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment;
- Travel as necessary to meet with potential partners and visit assets.
5425 Wisconsin AvenueChevy Chase, MD
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at FCP