FCL Builders is a national leader in the new construction of Warehousing & Distribution, Cold Storage & Food Processing and Industrial & Manufacturing facilities throughout the country.
Our success is attributable to our team’s ongoing commitment to each client by working in tandem with them to take their vision and make it a reality. Customer service, true teamwork and quality work are our driving principles.
At FCL, our employees are considered family. As such, we invest time into each employee by providing new opportunities for growth based on the employee’s individual career goals.
If you would like to truly be part of a team that gets things done without compromising quality, then we would like to hear from you!
At this time, we are looking for a highly skilled Superintendent to join our team.
To be successful this individual should have several years’ experience in a similar role working on Industrial Design/Build projects. The Superintendent is responsible for effectively managing onsite contractors and personnel by executing strong leadership, organizational skills and dedication to the job as a whole.
Willing to travel
· Responsible for directly managing the construction and activities associated with the field operations of a commercial construction project.
· Bringing the project to completion on schedule, within budget, and per the project specifications.
· Enforce all safety, quality, and SWPPP control policies.
· Follow all company policies and regulations.
· Collaborate with the project management team in preparing a schedule of construction, organization structure, and construction equipment requirements of the project.
· Direct coordination of subcontractor on site activities.
· Assure that adequate manpower is provided as required to meet construction schedules.
· Analyze, and provide necessary equipment required to utilize manpower efficiently, release equipment when not required.
· Perform material and quantity estimates for each phase of work.
· Manage the construction project to meet the required specifications in the allotted time.
· Facilitate the activities of superintendents and/or foremen in the performance of their regular duties subcontracted.
· Assist the project manager/engineer in their duties which include prompt shipment of materials and equipment, obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples, and preparing and submitting all change orders.
· Inform all supervisors and subcontractors of construction schedule changes.
· Evaluate all change orders with the project management team.
· Assist in the preparation of all job progress reports.
· Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, progress payment requests, and other significant reports and documents.
· Collaborate with the architects or owner representatives, and local municipality personnel on an amicable basis.
· Inform the project manager regularly of the progress, plans, and problems that could affect costs or schedules.
· Maintain daily progress reports of significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements and approvals.
· Carry out any additional responsibilities set forth by the project manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Five (5) plus years working as a construction superintendent on precast and tilt wall construction projects.
· Ability to make decisions under tight deadlines.
· Ability to manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
· Demonstrate leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
· Adhere to all company policies and regulations.
· Computer Skills: proficiency using Procore, Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project.
· OSHA 30 hour training.
· SWPPP training.