- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Paralegal will report to, and directly assist, the General Counsel of Bahler Management Group (“GC”) on legal matters that arise from all of the Bahler family of companies (the “Companies”). The Paralegal will provide research support, compliance services, legal drafting, and administrative services including, but not limited to, contracts and document preparation and review; legal and other research in areas such as licensing and permitting; assisting the GC in the management of the IP portfolio, Secretary of State registrations; implementation of enforcement actions such as collections; management of insurance-related matters; and other matters that arise in the course of business.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Meets and collaborates with the GC, internal clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned projects.
- Drafts, reviews, and edits legal documents, including, but not limited to, various commercial contracts with owners, subcontractors, consultants, and outside counsel; legal notice letters such as collection letters and contracts-related notice letters; and dispute resolution related submissions.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources, particularly in the areas of licensing and permitting; provides written analysis to the GC .
- Performs administrative management of the Companies’ IP portfolio, Secretary of State registrations, and licensing and permitting database
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves project files,
- Assists GC with dispute resolution preparation (informal dispute resolution, mediation, arbitration, and possibly litigation), including but not limited to document reviews, preparation of formal submissions, and coordination with outside counsels’ staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent legal research skills
- Excellent contracts and other transactional documents drafting skills
- Understanding of legal language and principles; research methods; transactional, contractual, and commercial legal concepts; formal dispute resolution related processes and submissions, and other related matters.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative, be a self-starter, and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a start-up like environment where not all of the processes and procedures are established; comfortable with a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required; Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- Some related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
FBI Buildings Inc
LegalView all jobs at FBI Buildings Inc