FBI Buildings Inc Columbus, NE
- Posted: over a month ago
The Superintendent is the final professional link in the chain of events that brings a construction project from the owner’s first conceptual dream to its final operational reality. It is the Superintendent’s responsibility to turn the engineer’s drawings into a structure that those before him only visualized. The Superintendent must protect the Company’s interests, meet the engineering requirements, satisfy the owner’s demands, and lead the many subcontractors supporting the project with fairness and understanding.Attributes & Responsibilities:
- Excellent business judgment and acumen demonstrated through profitability and clean project close- outs with client and subcontractor relationships intact.
- Oversee, lead, manage, direct, and document all day-to-day job site activities and events in accordance with established safety and quality requirements.
- Report on daily progress and generate three-week look-ahead schedules required to manage progress.
- Establish effective working relationships, based on trust and respect.
- Support the Project Manager throughout the project by effectively managing change against the established scope, schedule, and cost baseline.
- Lead and direct the project team in problem-solving by developing constructible and cost-effective solutions using the established RFI process.
- Ability to establish a performance balance between 1) Schedule & Productivity and 2) Safety & Quality to eliminate all injuries and rework.
- Proactively communicate issues, events, performance, and progress daily utilizing the established construction management software.
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities between project needs, subcontractor issues, and customer demands.
- Review and understand the prime contract and subcontract(s) terms, conditions, and contract specific scopes of work.
- Lead, counsel, and direct subcontractors in accordance with their contracted commitments.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Superintendent.
- Experience in civil, structural, and architectural disciplines.
- Experience leading large scope projects a plus.
- Specific trade or crew leadership a plus.
- English / Spanish Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to travel if necessary.
- The employee will spend their time on the physical job site.
- This position is exposed to temperature extremes (hot/cold), and loud noises.
- Job site walking, climbing ladders, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, and other job site activities when required.
FBI Buildings Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at FBI Buildings Inc