The Dispatcher supports the day-to-day operations of the company by efficiently scheduling and dispatching technicians to calls. This role requires the dispatcher to think critically to ensure they are dispatching the best fit technician for the call. Other duties include Social media postings, scheduling technicians 1:1’s with managers and reporting on various ends of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• The Dispatcher reports to the Office Manager.
• Dispatch all service calls to ensure maximum scheduling efficiency without compromising client satisfaction.
• Manage the dispatch board to keep field personnel on the move and generating revenue. Make every effort to compress call scheduling effectively and maximize productivity.
• Notify clients ahead of time without fail if the technician is not going to arrive at their home within the scheduled time window and re-scheduling the time at the client’s convenience.
• Strictly adhere to the Dispatching for Profits Priority Service Schedule, including the 10-28 dispatching system to ensure the “Right” technician is sent to the “Right” appointment.
• Share responsibility to ensure that all technicians arrive at their designated appointments ON TIME.
• Debrief technicians after each call and insist that all employees collect payment immediately after each job is completed.
• Make reminder calls to customers the day before their appointments
• Make “happy calls” to each customer after their appointment to ensure they are satisfied with our services.
• Obey the company Code of Ethics, Team Rules, and Team Philosophy
• High school diploma/GED required
• Associate degree preferred but not required
• Self-starter, reliable, flexibility with hours
• Strong customer service skills
• Present and communicate professionally (written and verbal)
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a professional and technical level
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
• Must be a critical thinker - Strong English composition skills
• Telephone etiquette and working knowledge of email systems
• Ability to develop tools that create efficiencies within department
• Bilingual a plus, not required