The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with problem-solving skills who pays very close attention to accuracy and detail. Comprehensive training in all aspects of this position will be provided. If this describes you, and you want to work with a close-knit team and an independently owned, local business, then we encourage you to apply!
What You’ll Be Doing:
• This position is responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs in the production room, from computer cut vinyl and wide format full color printouts.
• Sign assembly, including preparing substrates and applying vinyl or other media according to written instructions. Also, mounting and/or laminating vinyl prints.
• Quality control and proofreading signs to ensure the accuracy of signs is required.
• Performing on-site installation of signage and large format graphics as needed. This includes a variety of flat panel substrates and application of vinyl films.
• You will manage several projects of various types each day; it is a fast-paced environment where you often will be juggling several things at once.
• You will receive training and support, especially during the initial months while you get up to speed.
• You will have opportunities to grow and learn new products, techniques, and skills continually.
• Follow a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on substrates.
• Prepare substrates for application. This may include cutting, painting, laminating, and cleaning the substrates for application.
• Feed flatbed printer with substrate for printing purposes when necessary.
• Weed excess vinyl from computer cut images. Weeding techniques vary with size, type of vinyl and complexity of image. Know how and when to use each technique.
• Perform quality assurance measures pre- and post-construction by accurately reading and interpreting a Work Order and then proofing for errors or unacceptable standards (bubbles, rough edges, loose seams).
• Requires basic computer knowledge for rip and production software and paperless production workflow.
• Perform finishing operations such as laminating and/or mounting of printed pieces.
• Installation a variety of flat panel signage and full color graphic images in various circumstances, interior and exterior, or other basic construction and assembly skills.
• Maintain production rate consistency.
• Work on different projects simultaneously.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes. Present and maintain a good driving record.
Skills You’ll Need:
• Able to learn new things quickly and thrive on challenges.
• Able to work well under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to efficiently manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
• Must have a sense of humor; must be able to have fun while being professional.
Typical Physical Demands:
• Ability to stand/kneel for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and load rolled media and substrate sheets onto printers.
• Flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back and forth hand motion to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a surface.
• Ability to work under pressure to output high volume, high quality work.
• General familiarity with safe operation of equipment and general construction tools/methods.
Key Attributes We Value:
• A positive mindset.
• Take pride and ownership in everything you do.
• A drive to improve and grow.
• Persistence and resilience.
• High personal and professional integrity.
• Organized and paying attention to detail.
• Creativity and problem solving.
We are a small, locally owned business. We are a close-knit team that works together and supports each other on every project. Each of us is a positive, organized, motivated, person that enjoys problem solving and the challenges this industry presents every day. Our culture and collaborative team atmosphere are essential to everyone who works here.
You will not be bored; nobody here watches the clock or has time to kill. Everyone here has a sense of humor and values a fun, professional environment. Each of us takes pride in our work, in helping each other, and in helping our clients.
We take pride in our work and the products we provide our customers. If you are a fit with us, you will enjoy new challenges and continually learning about new products and projects. If you value helping people, are positive, willing to be challenged, willing to learn and grow, you will be supported by everyone here and will be successful.
What’s In It For You:
• Competitive hourly pay, and bonuses based on store sales targets and customer satisfaction feedback.
• Paid vacation and holidays.
• Option for health insurance.
• Working on a team with dynamic and dedicated team members.
• Opportunity to grow within the business.
If this is a good fit for you, we’d love to talk to you. Please submit the following to apply:
• Resume (detailing the months/years of employment and what you did in each position).
• Cover letter explaining:
1 Why you want to work in this role.
2 Why you want to work at FASTSIGNS of Aurora, Colorado.
3 Tell us about a major accomplishment, including what you did to accomplish it and why you are proud of it.
We recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.