FAR Government, Inc. Guam, GU
- Posted: over a month ago
Sanford Federal, Inc. headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Job Summary: Sanford Federal, Inc. is currently seeking a Registered to work Full Time within the Bemidji Area Indian Health Service, at White Earth Health Center in Ogema, Minnesota and its satellite offices in Pine Point and Naytahwaush. The RN shall provide emergency and routine general medical services for eligible patients (children, adults and elderly).
- Unencumbered nursing license from within the United States.
- Hold and maintain BLS.
- The employee must have at least three (3) years of experience working with health care facilities in developing revenue enhancement initiatives.
- Must have three years or more of experience in coding (ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT 4).
- Knowledge of rules, operations and business practices of the Indian Health Service.
- Adherence to IHS and HIPAA regulations and Computer Security.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, diagnostic test, pharmacology and the various medical specialties as required in areas of responsibility.
- Ability to use designated reference materials. To include Official ICD-10 Hospital Outpatient Coding Guidelines, CPT, E&M and HCPCS Coding.
- Knowledge of the Resource Patient Management System (RPMS) Data Entry System, IHS Third Party Billing package and IHS Accounts Receivable package and IHS Electronic Health Record.
- Will keep current to include training with RPMS packages and patches.
- Must have knowledge of a compliance program and requirements.
Duties: The RN shall:
- Provide a high standard of nursing services in accordance with sound professional nursing principles and the ability to adapt services insuring basic and special needs of the patients using nursing process.
- Systematically assess patient care needs through analysis of data gained through interviews with patient and/or family, objective findings review of health record and consultation with physician and other staff members.
- Constantly reassess needs based on patients' response to medical and nursing regimes.
- Recognizes the difference between the dependent and independent nursing activities and practices accordingly.
- Carry out nursing and medical plans as delegated and utilizes critical thinking in setting priorities.
- Initiate appropriate follow up action to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care that is appropriate, safe and timely.
- Administer therapeutic measures as prescribed by the physician such as medications, immunizations, treatments, intravenous fluids, naso-gastric suction, Irrigations, etc.
- Set up, operate, and monitor specialized equipment and evaluates results.
- Provide appropriate nursing intervention in all phases of care including initiating appropriate emergency measures providing emergency situations.
- Evaluate nursing care based on established standards and criteria and participates in quality assurance activities such as nursing audits, infection control, and nursing care conferences.
- Provide age-appropriate nursing care for neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
- Receive assignments daily from the supervisor or lead nurse.
- Communicate appropriate information to members of the health care team verbally and in writing in a professional and timely manner via written care plans, nursing services reports, patient records, assignment sheets and participating in physician rounds, patient care conferences and staff meetings.
- Accurately document observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures administered and status of coordinated activities between nursing and the multidisciplinary team utilizing the problem-oriented format.
- Recording may be either electronic or paper depending on the site and the level of EHR implementation.
- Maintain confidentiality of health care Information from the health record.
- Participate in patient care conferences with other staff in a tactful, courteous and professional manner.
Why Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR
FAR Government, Inc.
HealthcareView all jobs at FAR Government, Inc.