Family Piano Co, 118 South Genesee Street, Waukegan, IL 60085
Are you a committed, passionate and thoughtful piano teacher? Are you looking to join a dynamic team of music professionals? Would you like to have someone take care of all of the marketing, website updates, billing, scheduling, reminders, paperwork, and taxes, so that you can focus on teaching the world’s next great musicians? We offer competitive pay and flexible policies, both for you and your students.
What we’re looking for:
- Must be able to play and teach piano.
- Ability to teach intermediate or advanced students – folks who are in at least Book 2 of their respective method books.
- You need to be articulate, explain clearly & thoroughly, have a variety of methods for teaching different skills, and the patience to work with total beginners of all ages.
- Demonstrated ability to play advanced pieces.
- Dependable schedule – the majority of our lessons are after school and on Saturday, but we also have a growing number of students during the traditional workday.
- We have a strong preference for teachers who have very few outside gigs or other schedule conflicts, that would require cancelling or rescheduling lessons.
- Long-term commitment – we ask for an informal commitment of at least 2-5 years.
- An outgoing, nurturing, fun, and motivating personality for connecting to our students.
Nice to Have:
- A formal degree in music performance or education
- Teaching In-Home Lessons (meaning are you willing and able to drive and teach in students homes).
- Must have a valid Drivers License.
- Preferably fluency in a language other than English.
- Other instruments that you can teach at an intermediate level - esp. voice, violin, and guitar.
- Professional credentials and/or participation in professional organizations.
We are looking for availability on 2 to 3 evenings per week from 3-8 and most of Saturday. If you have even more availability, even better! We can usually book a teacher to relatively full capacity within 3 months. However there are times when you may have a gap between students. We really do our best to fill these gaps, but we need you to be able to be patient and work with us during the "bad times" as well as the "good times"!
Started in 2006, Family Piano Co. is a full-line music store in downtown Waukegan, IL. We’ve recently expanded to include a beautiful School of Music, with a total of 7 teaching rooms and a dedicated lesson coordinator. Over 180 students a week choose us to teach them a variety of instruments – piano, guitar, drums, violin, and voice are the most popular, but our teachers can also teach viola, cello, flute, saxophone, and more. We see the foundation of our success in teacher collaboration. We consult with our teachers in determining policy, marketing, and what sheet music and accessories we stock. We do NOT tell you what or how to teach, but rather collaborate. Our students should be able to pursue their musical goals while mastering technical skills. You are paid as an employee on a W2 basis.
If you’re interested, please email a cover letter and a resume. If you seem to be a solid match for our team, we’ll give you a call!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: Competitive (Ask for details)
Simple IRA Offered
Direct Deposit Available
Job Type: Part-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Teaching experience do you have?