Traffic MOT Laborer - Night Shift (OT & Benefits available)
- Expired: November 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
FAM Construction, LLC is a joint venture between Ferrovial Construction and Allan Myers. Ferrovial has been active in the North American transportation industry since 1999. Ferrovial's experience includes some of the largest, most complex transportation projects in the United States. Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic.
Together they have been awarded the Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway project, this project involves multi-modal improvements to 22.5 miles of I-66 corridor from I-495 in Fairfax County to University Boulevard in Prince William County. The project features two express lanes alongside three regular lanes in each direction, with space in the median for future transit; corridor-wide bike and pedestrian improvements; and safety and operational improvements at key interchanges throughout the corridor.
The position of Traffic Control MOT Laborer
- Set up safe work zones, including use of cones, drums, signs, barricades, flagging paddles, etc.
- Maintain safe and orderly yard
- Receive and unload materials
- Provide roadside cleanup of debris
- Adjustment of project signage alongside roads and sidewalks
- Comfortable working alongside live traffic
- Comfortable lifting materials and equipment that may weigh up to 60 pounds
- Ability to multitask and take direction from supervisor
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to safely operate company vehicles such as a pickup or stakebody
- Maintain heighten awareness of surroundings
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may be more than 8 hours per shift or 40 hours per week. Typical work schedule for night shift will be 7:00 pm to 5:00 am. These hours are subject to change based on work assignments
- Ability to work outdoor assignments in all weather conditions
- Ability to drive a project work vehicle (pick up or stakebody, for example) with valid driver's license
- Must be ready to start work when instructed
- Must be able to work in a drug free environment and maintain strong work ethic
- Less than high school education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials
**FAM Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
FAM Construction, LLC
ConstructionView all jobs at FAM Construction, LLC
Get fresh Ferrovial Construction jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.