Three Decades of Leadership In The Fashion Industry
Founded in 1985 by Frank Zarabi, FAM Brands provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners. Our unique performance materials and versatile apparel designs-along with our competitive pricing strategies-have enabled us to become leaders in apparel industry. Our ability to thrive, centers around impeccable design and excellent branding. Our designers and production teams collaborate closely with our factories to create exception fashion strategies and details. Our world-class brands include Marika, Balance Collection, Bally Total Fitness, Tehama, Peace and Pearls, Eddie Bauer, Orvis, Woolrich, and more.
We are the trailblazers for activewear. Champions of fitness. We're for simple, elegant and vibrant designs. Our employees are star-reachers, bridge-builders, leaders and teammates. We are family-owned and operated. We are FAM Brands. We are growing and focused on strategic initiatives. Our factories are safe and our employees are valued. We are worldwide, world-class, forward-thinking and forward-looking. We work hard and believe in the work we do. We're for executional excellence and achieving our dreams. We are FAM Brands.
FAM (www.fambrands.com) provides innovative fashion, design, brand development, and distribution solutions to a wide range of retail and wholesale clients and partners, specializing in active wear and sportswear, and rapidly expanding.
Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Paid Personal Holiday, Paid Company Holidays, United Health Care Health Insurance (PPO, HMO, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k Match, Voluntary Supplemental Insurance, Work-Life Balance, Free Coffee, Nice People, and more!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Learn the merchandise planning process and partner with the Planning team in analyzing and developing merchandise plans (sales, inventory, markdowns, unit, margin, etc.) for classifications and departments under the guidance and direction of Senior Management. In this exciting position you'll be assisting with the merchandise planning for one of our largest active retailers. We're looking for someone who's passionate about retail planning and analytics, a team player, and pays close attention to detail.
- Create, update and maintain standard weekly brand reports
- Maintain receipts, update monthly key item plans, and make selling recommendations for multiple product categories
- Conduct analysis of these categories which will play an active role in weekly recaps, hindsight meetings, and financial reviews
- Partner with Planning Team to develop in season reactions to business including guidance on markdowns, promotions, chase strategies, and inventory transfers
- Develop and present Category level quarterly hindsight documents for owned brands
- Develop and present sales plans in accordance with company goals, historical performance, and business trends
- Manage cross functional relationships with multiple teams including Sales, Merchandising, Product Development, and Production
- Ensure buy plans are appropriately written and complete financial analysis to ensure KPIs are being met
- Partner with Cross functional team to buy and allocate inventory by account
- Clearly communicate to the Sales team on directives, markdowns, low and other stock issues
- Assist the Planning team with departmental goals and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years' experience in planning or allocation (Wholesale experience preferred, but not required)
- Retail math knowledge
- Product knowledge of apparel and related merchandise (Women's activewear is a plus)
- High degree of proficiency in Excel and BI applications (Tableau is a plus)
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunities & Diversity
FAM Brands is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. FAM Brands makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.