Fairbanks Nissan has been locally owned and operated since 2016. Fairbanks Nissan has a service focused philosophy. Our belief is that the success of our company is determined by the problems we solve for others.
Career Growth and Recognition
Since its purchase, Fairbanks Nissan has been regularly recognized for being one of the top Nissan dealers in the Northwest Region for growth and customer satisfaction in both the sales and service departments.
We focus our giving and community involvement on the support of the children in our community and our Service Men and Women by supporting organizations such as:
- The Fairbanks Boys and Girls Club
- Presbyterian Hospitality House
- Santa’s Helpers
- Fairbanks Montessori
- The Fairbanks Children’s Museum
- The Fairbanks Youth Soccer Association
- Our Local Schools and Athletic teams
- The Center for Non-Violent Living
- Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers
- The Airforce Association
Fairbanks Nissan is a member of the Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce, the Alaska Auto Dealers Association, and The National Auto Dealers Association.
Fairbanks Nissan Employee Benefits Include:
- 2 Days off per week
- Closed on Sundays
- Closed for most major holidays
- Flexible scheduling for special life and family events
- Paid Vacation for full time employees
- Factory training
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee purchase program for vehicles, service, parts and accessories
- Employee vehicle consignment program
- Available Health insurance for full-time employees
At Fairbanks Nissan, we are a fast-growing franchise and in need of a parts counter specialist to order, inventory, and disperse parts for the service department as well as take wholesale orders. If you would like to join our team, please apply immediately. We are ready to go and grow!
We are looking for outgoing individuals to assist in our parts department. The ideal candidate will be proactive and ready to learn as they work with customers and automotive technicians to find accessories, order parts for repairs and upgrades for commercial and consumer vehicles. In addition, parts specialists also assist in packaging and organizing the parts inventory.
-Valid drivers license
-Prior parts experience is preferred, but not required.
-Job Type: Full-time
The duties of a Parts Counter Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Reading catalogs and/or computer vehicle diagrams in order to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determining replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Receiving and filling telephone orders for parts.
- Filling customer orders from stock.
- Receiving payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Taking inventory of stock.
- Advising customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Examining returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Marking and storing parts in stock rooms according to prearranged systems.
- Discussing use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Demonstrating equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.
- Placing new merchandise on display.
- Working with customers, vendors, and dealer personnel to ensure efficiency of department is maintained.
- Must have friendly, courteous demeanor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $20.00 per hour