Express Service Technician
FAIRBANKS NISSAN Fairbanks, AK
- Posted: over a month ago
- $12 to $16 Hourly
Fairbanks Nissan has been locally owned and operated since 2016. Fairbanks Nissan has a service focused philosophy. Our belief is that the success of our company is determined by the problems we solve for others.
Career Growth and Recognition
Since its purchase, Fairbanks Nissan has been regularly recognized for being one of the top Nissan dealers in the Northwest Region for growth and customer satisfaction in both the sales and service departments.
We focus our giving and community involvement on the support of the children in our community and our Service Men and Women by supporting organizations such as:
- The Fairbanks Boys and Girls Club
- Presbyterian Hospitality House
- Santa’s Helpers
- Fairbanks Montessori
- The Fairbanks Children’s Museum
- The Fairbanks Youth Soccer Association
- Our Local Schools and Athletic teams
- The Center for Non-Violent Living
- Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers
- The Airforce Association
Fairbanks Nissan is a member of the Fairbanks Chamber of Commerce, the Alaska Auto Dealers Association, and The National Auto Dealers Association.
Fairbanks Nissan Employee Benefits Include:
- 2 Days off per week
- Closed on Sundays
- Closed for most major holidays
- Flexible scheduling for special life and family events
- Paid Vacation for full time employees
- Factory training
- Ongoing professional development
- Employee purchase program for vehicles, service, parts and accessories
- Employee vehicle consignment program
- Available Health insurance for full-time employees
We are currently looking for Lube Technicians!!
Are you looking to start a lucrative career in the automotive industry with a company that grows their talent from within? Are you driven, energetic, and looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally? If so, we are interested in talking to you!
We are looking for candidates that can thrive in a demanding and fast-pace environment. The Express Lube Technician is responsible for performing minor repairs and inspections on vehicles in a quick and thorough manner in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and standards. The Express Lube Technician is also responsible for communicating with management and service advisors at all points of service repair.
- Perform automotive maintenance procedures such as tire repair, oil changes, lubrication procedures, and fluid service processes.
- Perform vehicle multi-point inspections that include fluids, battery, belts, tires, etc.
- Change or top off all fluids, check/change oil filter, grease bearings, etc.
- Change, mount, and balance tires.
- Check tire pressure and add air as needed.
- Ability to perform all duties in a safe and diligent manner.
- Self-motivated with a passion for the automotive industry
- Minimum of 1 year of automotive technician experience, ideally tire and lubrication maintenance experience
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while delivering high quality work
- Ability to work a flexible 5-day schedule that may include Saturdays
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred; comparable vocational training also accepted
- Have own tools
- Knowledge of systems software pertaining to automotive servicing
- Must have knowledge of non-technical tire and auto services processes and procedures
- Strongly preferred: advanced knowledge of tire and lubrication requirements to include use of wheel balancers, tire specifications, tire pressure monitoring systems, and lubrication specifications
- Preferred: a SEMA certification for tire and wheel competency
Apply in person at 2610 S. Cushman St or online.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $16.00 per hour