Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Life at F5 is never dull. For over 20 years, we have been the industry leader in application delivery; and today, we are helping our customers thrive in the new cloud future. The world's largest enterprises, service providers, financial and educational institutions, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of security, cloud, and mobility trends.
But our success isn't driven solely by what we do. We also care deeply about how we do it. Our culture is how we live, every single day, and it's producing excellent results-not only for our customers, but also for our employees. We understand that your life is about more than just work, so we're committed to a culture that supports your whole life.
We are currently searching for an excellent Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager in our Seattle headquarters at the F5 Tower. As the SEO Manager, you will build and lead the program within F5 focused on optimizing the company's presence in organic search. You will ensure corporate strategy and product roadmaps are effectively represented and prioritized to engage online audiences and drive awareness, and build a SEO practice rooted in customer experience and sustainable practices.
We are looking for a team member who is a customer-centric marketing practitioner with a keen understanding of the customer lifecycle as it relates to online optimization and implementation, ideally in the B2B space. You will have the ability to coordinate with teams across all areas of the business and bring a customer- and search-focused strategic content approach to our digital presence. You will have a working knowledge of paid search particularly as it relates to the interplays with organic in all major search engines. As the SEO manager, you will be a strategic, and critical thinker who brings a strong sense of prioritization and agility to the team.
You will also be a key advocate for the online customer experience and will be responsible for communicating effective optimization strategies and priorities to a range of stakeholders. You will be charged with building a search marketing practice, that will incorporate product and solutions marketing, and content development to drive customer-focused online experiences' that ensures F5.com content is high-performing and engages the intended audiences across the spectrum of the customer journey.
- Program and product management of a performance-focused SEO practice across F5
- Lead the definition, tracking, and optimization of target keywords for the business; including prioritization with the business units to help drive work plans and inform content strategies
- Own and coordinate off-page optimization efforts such as link building and outreach as appropriate
- Own and drive regular reporting of status, impact, and opportunities to key stakeholders and audiences
- Work closely with IT and development teams to identify and communicate business cases aimed at developing solutions for effective optimization techniques
- Develop near- and long-term strategies and roadmaps enabling the digital marketing and business units to execute day-to-day tactics to increase relevant site traffic, rankings, conversions and driving product and brand awareness
- Be the search SME for web properties, providing consultation support across F5
- Establish, maintain, and evolve F5.com search reporting best practices
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing knowledge with marketing teams and cross-org stakeholders
- Manage the day-to-day digital and SEO marketing activities as conducted by the SEO/CX team (including planning, implementation, performance review, and optimization)
- Integrate strategies and recommendations into other active marketing channels such as email marketing and social media
- Drive internal education and training on SEO best practices, ranking factors, trends, execution, etc.
- Stay current with new advances in digital marketing, customer experience, search, and optimization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding and strength in B2B marketing, with familiarity in Application Services and Application Security a plus
- Strength in data analysis using tools like Excel and/or Tableau
- Solid leadership skills, including driving impact and influence across teams
- Web platform experience, including CMS and CRM systems a plus; AEM a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills; engaged listening, and presentation skills
- Understanding of content and media mix and digital channel contribution and attribution models
- Relentlessly results driven: continuously looking to iterate, improve, and optimize performance
- Passion for the customer and optimization and can think creatively to help complete the overall digital marketing strategy
- Strong understanding of digital marketing activities, such as SEM, SEO, remarketing/retention, display, etc.
- Understanding of full-funnel marketing metrics, web analytics, testing and optimization, and multi-channel / multi-touch attribution
- Experience using web testing and analytics tools such as Adobe Target, Adobe/Google Analytics, etc.
- Effective collaboration and relationship building skills
- Takes accountability and ownership of your own work
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise organic search programs or related experience
- Familiar with SEO tracking/ranking tools, such as Brightedge, MOZ, ScreamingFrog, Ahrefs or others
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently with a positive attitude
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.