Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
F5 Networks sits between the Internet and some of the largest companies on Earth. We keep their applications running fast, safe, and efficiently. F5's products are highly configurable, incredibly stable and blazingly fast. Word spreads fast within the company, and the engineers who contribute to our product's quality are highly regarded.Position Summary
F5-PD wants another enthusiastic, hardworking software engineer to join an agile development team as we continue our efforts to re-architect and improve our core product. This position is perfect for a technical leader that enjoys making rapid and visible progress towards both well-defined and evolving objectives.
The Principal Software Engineer is the technical leader for a scrum team. In this instance, you will be joining an existing and highly successful and productive group responsible for the most performance-critical part of the dataplane. Your unique combination of respectful professionalism, technical abilities, experience with agile techniques will be key to further cementing this team's reputation and effectiveness. Your appreciation of the importance of careful and timely code review and your desire to improve our environment by sharing your experiences and perspective will be both important and widely recognized.
We are looking for an industry-proven contributor who will bring to F5 market-proven experience in crafting solutions for: High-throughput, high capacity transaction processing; Fault resilience; Networking protocols; Memory efficiency, and Performance analysis. You must also possess the ability to produce clear and unambiguous written communication, as demonstrated by your Cover Letter.
You will work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Architects and team members to define and workable solutions in a timely manner. Your guidance will be instrumental in its implementation and your leadership and attention to detail will be trusted to ensure that code elements are properly designed, tested, reviewed and documented before the end of each sprint.
Fortunately, you'll be doing this while writing code and working as a member of an extremely capable and prolific group of developers in a corporate environment that stresses a sustainable work:life balance. Your managers and peers will expect you to work hard, but not so hard that your personal life suffers as a result.Primary Responsibilities
- Serve as technical authority for your components and subsystems.
- Analyze both broad and specific requirements, encouraging the team to create new tools, techniques and metrics.
- Suggest and implement new ways to monitor and measure your group's effectiveness, and carry those ideas to peer-teams within the larger organization.
- Nurture less senior members of the team, developing them into independent owners of their module and leaders in their own right.
- Recommend improvements and makes sure that technical design methodologies, processes and standards are uniformly and consistently applied.
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements that can be clearly implemented and communicated.
- Continually evaluates current and upcoming tasks, making sure that the team is doing the most appropriate things first and without sacrificing the design's flexibility.
- Deep knowledge and extensive experience with vertical stack technologies.
- Experience developing complex product development initiatives from concept through release.
- Enjoys solving difficult problems with innovative solutions.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic inspiring environment.
- Regularly finds ways to communicate widely through discussions, white papers, publications and other.
- Regularly demonstrates teamwork by promoting others' ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 8 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we embrace diversity
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.