**Dell** Laptop/PC/Server Repair Tech - Farmington, NM
F2Onsite Farmington, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dell Laptop/PC/Server Hardware Field Service Engineer
The Hardware Field Service Engineer will be providing service to multiple customers each day. Our Field Services division provides residential and commercial PC, Laptop and Server warranty repair services on Dell (OEM) products. This is hardware warranty replacements and includes laptops, desktops and servers. Prior hands on experience replacing motherboards, hard drives, LCDs and power supplies in both laptops and desktops as well as server hardware replacements is required.
Responsibilities and Technical Skill Requirements
- Providing customer break fix support for designated equipment
- Communicating clearly in written and verbal form
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Accepting and delivery of all service calls assigned
- Completing all administrative tasks associated with each call
- Responsible for control and return of assets and inventory
- Candidates must possess the ability to perform basic and moderately complex troubleshooting and repair activities.
- Position may require the exercise of moderately complex analytical skills and to make decisions based on established department and company guidelines
- Typically requires technical school certification or equivalent and 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Prior hands on experience replacing motherboards, hard drives, LCDs and power supplies in both laptops and desktops required
- Prior hands on experience replacing server hardware is required
Availability and Other Requirements
- Availability requirement is 8am-6pm, Monday-Friday
- Some territories, on occasion, will require evening and weekend availability
- Work orders are assigned daily and need to be completed by the required SLA which is either next business day or same day based on the product
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation with valid registration and adequate insurance
- Must own a basic repair tool kit including anti-static mat and wrist strap
- Computer and internet to complete online training, smartphone and printer
- All candidates are encouraged to apply, but many positions require a strict drug and background check by our customers
- F2OnSite supports and adheres to all state laws regarding background checks
Manufacturer Warranty Certification Requirements
- Manufacturer Warranty Certifications provided at no cost if the technician is not already certified
- Certification training must be completed and passed (80% or better) prior to the technician being assigned work orders
- The training is completed online with 24/7 access
Next Steps – Complete our Technical Assessment
- To expedite the process, copy and paste this link and complete the assessment now. www.f2onsite.com/assessment
- The technical assessment is not a test. It allows you to answer multiple choice questions regarding your technical experience as well as what type of position you desire. It will take you approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Once your assessment is received, it will be reviewed.
- Candidates who meet the requirements for the position to which you applied will receive an email for a phone interview request with full details about the position including work order volume, coverage area and pay model.
F2OnSite is the fastest growing Onsite I.T. Services company in the United States and is ranked in the Top 25 fastest growing privately held companies overall. We are looking for the best and brightest technical talent to work in the field for our customers. We Are the “Boots on the Ground” for our customers. Our tag line of “Relax, we got this!” isn’t just marketing: it’s the reality of who we are as a company. Our Field Engineers are the heart of the company, and we care about your success.
F2OnSite is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate due to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor. Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
WHAT WE DO: Our focus is Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Printers, POS systems, and LCDs. We have hundreds of team members across the US who work Onsite at customer locations - providing hardware break/fix services, migrate data, install computers, move printers, install/fix servers and POS systems. We close thousands of service calls each week, and do whatever it takes to get our customers up and running again. We specialize in all types of technology, projects, desktop support and more.
F2OnSite is the fastest growing IT field services company in the United States, with hundreds of employee technicians in over 40 states. F2 OnSite performs service on computers, printers, point of sale systems, servers and other hardware technologies - including installations, migrations, deployments and break/fix. Learn more at F2onsite.com. WHAT WE DO: Our focus is Hardware: Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Printers, POS systems, and LCDs. We have hundreds of team members across the US who work Onsite at customer locations - providing hardware break/fix services, migrate data, install computers, move printers, install/fix servers and POS systems. We close thousands of service calls each week, and do whatever it takes to get our customers up and running again. We specialize in all types of technology, projects, desktop support and more.