Paving Tack Truck Driver: This is an hourly-rated skilled craft position whose primary function is the safe and efficient operation of a paving tack truck. This position drives a truck equipped with water and keeps proper level on all equipment assigned to the driver.
- 2-4 years’ experience preferred.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License
- Tanker Endorsement
- Ability to pass DOT physical and drug test
- Must be 18 years or older,
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
· Drives tack truck to destination applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and of roads in the area.
· Maintains a truck log in accordance with state and federal regulation and company policy.
· Assist, load and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution, assure safety and minimal risk to cargo, equipment and danger to people
· Ensure that the spray bar and nozzles function properly as well as the cylinders are lubricated for proper spray pattern and rate.
· Complies with all aspects of truck maintenance, cleanliness and repair in accordance with the guidelines.
· Other duties, as assigned by lead or foreman.
· Ability to move, on a frequent basis, at least 50 lbs.
· Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
· Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
· Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
· Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
About F.O. Day Company:
For over 75 years, family-owned F.O. Day has developed into an award-winning construction company by building close relationships with our extended family of valued clients, trusted employees, and dedicated subcontractors & suppliers. F.O. Day’s Corporate Headquarters supports its Regional Offices and five asphalt production facilities. Led by management in these facilities our employees focus on safety, quality, and performance supported by state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
F.O. Day Company provides excellent career opportunities and offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package such as:
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Holidays
- Healthcare Benefits
- Continuous Job Training
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401K with Company Contribution
F.O. Day Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without any discrimination due to their race, gender, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by Federal, state, or local law. This policy extends to all aspects of employment with F.O. Day Company, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring decisions, assignment, advancement, compensation, benefits, retention, and termination.