The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for general order management for a designated group of customers ensuring that their needs are met. This role requires the ability to work successfully with internal and external groups in support of the customer requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of all organization products as well as a strong capability to troubleshoot and solve a wide range of issues.
- Provide accurate and timely service to customers
- Review purchase orders, resolve any detailed issues/questions discrepancies, and enter into Order Management System.
- Capture and enable follow through on any customer-specific requests as related to order execution.
- Maintain frequent and high levels of relevant communication inside and outside the Customer Relations Team.
- Customer Master Data Implementation, set-up and maintenance
- Monitor the execution of orders and shipments until complete, maintain and share information as needed.
- Maintain carrier relationships and quotations/contracts.
- Negotiate with carriers for better rates.
- Ensure transportation carriers are scheduled appropriately to meet customer shipping schedules
- Provide sales and inventory reports as needed
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable to resolve any invoicing issues
- Provide responsive, professional service to customers and internal personnel.
- Provide backup and assistance to Customer Relations Director and colleagues as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or combined equivalent of education and experience
- Prior customer service or similar experience
- Highly customer focused
- Outstanding communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to be a problem solver.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, ERP systems, etc.