Sheet Metal Bench Operator
F&B MFG LLC Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, the F&B Mfg LLC has been in the business of making parts and complex sheet metal assemblies for the aerospace, military, automotive, semi-conductor and commercial industries since 1923. Our employees take pride in their work and know how they contribute to the company strategy and vision.
NOTE: This is a 2nd shift position
Summary: This Sheet Metal Bench Operator (SMB) position is for second shift. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of demonstrated experience within the SMB operator functions. This position is likely to train other operators within the department.
Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and operate Press Brakes, Single Stroke punch presses, multi-station drill machines, saws, notchers, air powered grinders, drill motors, and hand tools to fabricate straighten and adjust detail parts and complex assemblies per drawing and work instructions for that operation.
- Observe machine or process operation and measure parts in accordance with instructions using defined inspection media.
- Stops machine or process and notifies supervisor when the parts do not conform to specifications.
- Adjust machine and tool settings under minimal supervision to obtain specified results
- Perform work in all areas of shop as designated by supervision on an as needed basis.
- Maintain a clean work area following 5S methodologies.
Education and Experience: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED; 5 or more years of demonstrated experience.
- Acceptable interpretation of drawings and work orders as demonstrated at job interview.
- Minimum vision requirements: Near and far vision of 20/30 in both eyes (corrected)
- Manual dexterity to handle small delicate parts and hand held standard measuring equipment at the same time.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Completes work with a limited degree of supervision.
- Likely to act as an informal resource for training new department operators.
- Must be capable of running all jobs in the department.
Expected Specialized Training
- Height gage
- Digital Calipers
- Pi tape
- Bench Grinder
- Bead Blaster
- Disc Sander
- Belt Sander
- Kick Press
- Arbor Press
- Auto Roller
- Hand Roller
- Rivet Machine
- Lg Press Brake
- Sm Press Brake
- Milling Machine
- Rivet Machine
- Whiting Roll
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee successfully perform essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, use hands to finer, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 50lbs.
- On the job continuous training to improve skills relating to job duties.
- Drive and operate a forklift as needed.
It is the policy F&B LLC to promote equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program. This means that F&B MFG LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, mental or physical handicap and/or disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure that all employment practices are free of such discrimination.
F&B MFG LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at F&B MFG LLC