Our mission at Ezra is to enable early cancer detection for everyone by using Artificial Intelligence and the most advanced medical imaging technology available.
We believe in empowering people to make their own health decisions, so we are offering Ezra as a direct-to-consumer health membership. Ezra members visit a partner imaging center to get a prostate MRI scan, and receive a cancer screening report within 48 hours. Our reports are generated by radiologists assisted by the Ezra AI, which increases accuracy and improves productivity for our radiologists.
You will build novel artificial intelligence solutions for early cancer screening. You will make decisions based on current research, state-of-the-art AI technology, and will brainstorm with the rest of the team to find the best solutions for the problems we're trying to solve. You will have the opportunity to turn your ideas into attractive products aiming to help everyone in the world detect cancer early.
As an Artificial Intelligence Researcher at Ezra, you will:
- Work on developing new AI architectures, learning and optimization methods
- Evaluate the capacity and efficiency of different AI models
- Work on problems such as:
- Model explainability
- Class imbalances
- Classification bias
- Domain transfer
- Multi-goal learning
- Active learning
- Weak labeling and semi-supervised learning
- Build novel machine learning/deep learning solutions that will be implemented in our products
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and scientific networking
- Participate in scientific publications and conferences from time to time
Who you are
You are a highly motivated researcher, determined to making a significant contribution in early cancer screening. You are interested in pushing the theoretical limits of AI. You are highly adaptable and a self-driven learner. You enjoy working in teams and interacting with professionals from different backgrounds. You enjoy scientific conversation and see value in other people's perspectives. You have a good sense of humour and great work ethic. You love learning, teaching and do not shy away from speaking in public when necessary.
- Master's or PhD in Computer Science / Machine Learning or related areas
- 3+ relevant peer reviewed publications
- experience in medical imaging is a plus
- 2+ years of programming language experience on AI (ideal: tensorflow, keras, optional: pytorch, caffe)
- 5+ years of traditional programming language experience (ideal: Python, optional: C++, Java, C#)
- Scientific python coding skills are a plus (Numpy, Scipy, scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib, numba)
- Advanced understanding of software engineering disciplines: design, architecture, change management, quality control, code reviews, source control (experience with GIT is a plus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and learn complex new procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and record keeping
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with a record of achievement in collaborative, team-driven environments
What's in it for you?
As an Artificial Intelligence Researcher at Ezra, you have the opportunity to be an early employee and part of an all-star team focused on early detection of cancer for everyone in the world. You're also going to have access to benefits such as:
- Stock options
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans for your and your family
- Off-sites and happy hours
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Competitive vacation policy
- Healthy food and snacks
- A culture that emphasizes learning and work-life harmony
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We're aiming to build a diverse team and inclusive company culture. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.