We want a fast-learning developer who is anxious to learn on their feet and help our team continue their innovative progress in this industry. If you're the type of person that wants to jump in and start getting stuff done, you're the one!
Responsibilities include: Designing, coding, debugging and optimizing both frontend and backend. You will work on the implementation of our core product with new customers, working on internal and external reporting, interfaces and features; as well as working to improve our automated content display systems.
The products you will work on: At the core, our technology takes existing code or content, parses it to understand it (what each element is, what it relates to and where it belongs) and then is able to recreate that into thousands of layouts, placements, and designs on all devices (desktop, tablet, mobile web, native mobile apps).
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. Computer Science or related (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with at least one of: GOLANG / Swift / Java / Python / or PHP
- Experience with AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- Web application development experience is a plus.
More about Ezoic
Ezoic is an inaugural member of the Google Certified Publishing Partner Program. This means we work closely with Google to help websites optimize their ad revenue. We actually have won awards directly from Google for the artificial intelligence that we've built. Cool, right?!?
Our technology reaches tens of millions of people every month and adoption is growingly quickly. Ezoic is a technology-first company. Our CEO is a developer by trade, and our engineers are given all the tools needed to succeed. We empower our engineers to make a lot of their own decisions about both design and implementation, and encourage them to come up with new ideas to improve the application. We also aim to keep a good work-life balance, based on our philosophy that happy engineers are more productive. We want you to be working on something that you are passionate about and allow engineers to move around to keep things fresh.
While we are all working remotely now because of Covid, we have a brand new office in Carlsbad, CA, where we plan to return this year sometime when the world goes back to normal. This means we are only looking for engineers who are in or willing to relocate to the Carlsbad, CA area, but we will be flexible on timing based on how the pandemic goes. Every engineer works at their own quad-monitor setup on a standing desk. We pride ourselves on getting stuff done, but when you need a break, Ezoic offers great perks, including unlimited vacation time, catered lunches, snacks, flexible hours, ping pong, video games, and pool.
The Ezoic Platform:
Our platform is essentially made up of 4 parts:
- A large data store (primarily Redshift) that tracks everything imaginable about user interactions with content.
- A machine learning / decision layer (tensorflow, sklearn, python & custom written in Go (golang)) that analyzes all that data.
- A decision / adaptation layer that takes the insights and actions upon them by changing what content / ads / features are displayed when, to who and how. (Primarily written in Go)
- A reporting system and series of “apps” that provide various functionality and presents what we are doing to our customers. (MySQL / Vue.js / Go)
We are a small team, so there are opportunities to work on all aspects of our platform depending on your interests and skills. We want you to be successful here and will ensure that our smart people are working on things that they find meaningful.
Our industry-leading artificial intelligence platform allows publishers to automatically optimize and run multivariate tests on their websites to increase ad revenue and improve user experiences.
Ezoic’s HQ is in Carlsbad, CA with offices in the UK and Canada. We employ approximately 100 team members and have been a growing and profitable organization since 2015.
Our culture is casual and fun (Xbox, ping-pong, arcade, and more), but pragmatic and hard working. We are continuing to grow each month and offer our employees rare autonomy over their schedules. We focus on data-driven execution with no bureaucracy, politics, or anything else that doesn’t make sense.