The Field Services Engineer is responsible for delivering first class service, advice and technical support to Eze Castle clients, through the highest standards of customer service, efficiency, knowledge and integrity. This includes daily support incidents, desktop and light server troubleshooting, hardware/software installation, upgrades and relocations. The candidate will interface with high profile financial industry clients daily thus requiring the highest level of presentation, communication and professionalism.
· College diploma or University degree in the field of Computer Science or equivalent field and/or related experience with 1-3 years of end user support
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
· Willingness to learn
· Highly self-motivated and directed, in a fast-paced team environment
· Sharp attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Effective time management in working on internal tasks as well as with external vendors
· Possible long-term singular client engagement
· Experience deploying home networks including Cable/DSL/FIOS modems, firewalls, hardware and software VPN clients
· Basic understanding of networking concepts: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
· Reinstalling and troubleshooting of operating systems and applications
· Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office 2010-2019
· Android/iOS configuration, troubleshooting and potential integration with MDM solutions
· Basic experience with public cloud technologies with an emphasis on Office 365
· Familiar with cyber-security concepts (Multi-Factor Authentication, Anti-virus/Anti-malware, Software Firewall, Web Filtering)
· Experience with hardware troubleshooting (desktop/laptop, printer, mobile device)
· Ability to perform patching and maintenance of systems
· Financial industry experience (Hedge Funds Private Equity, FoF)
· Experience with Managed Service Providers
· Experience with Market Data vendors like Bloomberg, Reuters, Factset
· Experience with Microsoft Server 2008R2-2016
· Basic knowledge of e-mail and spam troubleshooting
· Understanding of IaaS, VDI and backup technologies
· Experience with virtualization software such as VMWare vSphere or Hyper-V
· Administering Active Directory Users/Exchange mailboxes
· Technical certifications preferred
· Basic understanding of desktop imaging platforms
· Ability to work in an independent environment with moderate supervision
· Ability to work under a moderate noise level (i.e. working on an open floor with printers, telephones, and computers)
· Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines (including late nights and weekends)
· Ability to travel for business and work beyond normal business hours when necessary
· Ability to be flexible and successfully respond to multiple work pressures
· Sitting for extended periods of time
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
ECI is a leading provider in the financial industry of cloud and technical solutions. With over 25 years in business, ECI has upheld a reputation of developing top-tier industry technologists by allowing them to work in fast-paced and dynamic environments. Focusing on a “promote from within” culture allows our team to grow both personally and professionally.
We offer competitive salaries and our generous benefits package includes health and dental insurance at great employee rates, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid time off and holidays, a 401K plan and performance incentives. Come work for the leader in cutting edge technology and see for yourself how we value our clients and employees alike.
ECI is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, ECI prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ECI conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.