Job Summary / Purpose
This position is responsible for providing primary HR support to various Optometry practices nation-wide, including employee relations, performance management, on-boarding & off-boarding, interpretation of policies & procedures, acquisition and integration support. Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner for Optometry, this role will partner with assigned Optometry Organization leaders in all areas related to Talent Management. Execute on key deliverables from the HR Centers of Excellence under direction of the Human Resource Business Partner for Optometry. Serves as a consultant to leaders regarding human-resource related issues, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs, communicating those needs within HR and business leader partners. Will operate effectively and with influence in a growing and fast-paced environment. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while executing on people strategies for the optometry organization.
- Manage the roll-out of various HR projects and key initiatives.
- Develop effective working relationships with business leader partners by demonstrating a solid understanding of the key drivers of the business and align the talent strategy to the overall business strategy.
- Serve as a trusted adviser to leaders regarding people-related issues.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions.
- Provide expertise and counsel to Managers in areas of Human Resources such as employee relations, performance management, talent acquisition, talent development, change management, leadership development and diversity.
- Conduct internal investigations related to, but not limited to, employee issues/complaints of harassment, inappropriate conduct, ethics violations, etc. Work closely with management to determine appropriate resolutions and outcomes.
- Manage complex FMLA and ADAAA cases.
- Administer performance appraisal and merit increase processes and assists with compensation administration to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the practice.
- Administer on-boarding and off-boarding processes. Identify trends and areas for improvement. Create recommendations aimed at improving retention of key talent.
- Prepare, analyze, and present employee-related data, bring trends/issues and recommendations to HR and business leaders.
- Provide support for the post-close acquisition process, assist with the implementation of EyeCare Partners HR platform.
- Proactively identify, understand, and address business partner needs. Assess business needs on an ongoing basis and execute the implementation of programs which result in improved human performance, depth of talent, and an engaging work environment.
- Assist in the implementation of communications to support roll-out of new HR programs/ initiatives and ongoing implementation of existing programs/policies.
- Participates on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Background Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Business or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, implementing enterprise HR programs in Performance & Talent Management, Employee Engagement & Retention required.
- Experience working in a multi-location business that has wide geographic range.
- Healthcare environment preferred.
- Coaching/counseling skills.
- Effective communication with the ability to flex own style as needed to influence and drive results.
- Is a change champion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience in applying various state employment laws.
- Ability to prepare, analyze, and present meaningful data.
- Demonstrated experience building relationships, influencing decisions and working with leaders.
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), email systems and HR software.
- Expected travel: 50%
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus eligibility
- Personal time off
- Paid holiday time off
- 401(k) with employer match
- Insurance benefits, including: medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.