Application Implementation Specialist
- Expired: March 31, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Application Implementation Specialist
This individual is responsible for the support of our growing company in its use of electronic practice management and electronic health record software. The selected candidate will travel to offices in preparation of their conversion to the NextGen PM software and will be expected to plan the NG setup and design according to ECP standards, and work with practices to adapt their existing workflow to follow the ECP standard workflow.
As part of the program rollout, the person will be expected to assist in data mapping such as practice information, patient demographics, payors, scheduling templates, and other pertinent data tables from the legacy PM application into the NG standard tables. The person will audit the IT setup to be sure sites are prepared for go-live, including testing scanners, electronic signature pads, and printing.
While setting up the system is a standard expectation of this role, user training is paramount to the success of the go-live. This person will ensure the practices have taken all required NextGen training and will work with superusers and other users in advance of the go-live date until all users are highly functioning in the system. The person will be expected to be onsite for all go-lives, and for a period of time following the go-live to be sure users are self-sufficient.
An ideal candidate for this role will have experience with NextGen, Phreesia and other practice management softwares and be extremely process oriented. We are looking for a positive team player with excellent computer skills and strong attention to detail. To oversee the day-to-day operational functions of front desk operations within the practice, ensuring that office policies, procedures, and plans are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner, performing financial reconciliation, insurance administration, and personnel management duties with a focus on patient satisfaction and service. This position is responsible for the management of the patient coordination processes and team at all assigned locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are general responsibilities associated with the job and are listed in order of greatest to least amount of time spent on the duties.
- Understand and support the Mission of Eyecare Partners. Understand and abide by a high standard of professional ethics in order to ensure the integrity of the organization.
- Complies with HIPAA, Compliance and ECP policies and procedures.
- Plans all necessary system setup functions.
- Assist in rollout of NextGen at new partner practices. Leveraging a team of superusers, coordinates superuser training, and works to ensure that all users have adequate training before go-live.
- Responsible for managing NextGen help desk tickets for multiple practice - Includes PM and EHR support to users in all functional areas
- Trains all processes related to the successful implementation of practice management including:
- Patient scheduling & recall
- Patient check-in, check-out, and payment at time of service
- Charge entry
- Patient insurance eligibility and authorization
- Patient scheduling and scheduling administration
- Scanning and filing within NG Document Management
- Setup and management of Phreesia
- Standard and custom reporting
- Collaborates with IT, Project Management, Trainers and Revenue Cycle Managers to coordinate all activities related to NextGen go lives at the practices.
- Troubleshoot NextGen issues; reach out to NextGen as needed to determine fix or work around if identified as a known issue.
- Create, Maintain and update NextGen EHR system documents and PM Forms as needed.
- Create new Doctor NextGen user accounts. Signature Blobulizer, update macros with new provider key and electronic signature image. Set Patient Portal Routing rules for new Doctors.
- Maintain and update NextGen security rights.
- General knowledge of other software that will be interfaced with NextGen PM.
- Job may require other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: While not required, the following are preferred qualifications associated with the job and will be under consideration.
- 5 + Years NextGen Experience - as a user and NG administrator
- NextGen Certified Professional
- Knowledge of NextGen's IT design (desktop and server)
Education and Experience: The minimum level of education and experience required to perform the job at a satisfactory level.
- Prefer five years' medical practice experience.
- Proven track record of user training and help desk support
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: The minimum level of knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job at a satisfactory level.
- Exhibit excellent professional demeanor and appearance. Exhibit maturity, reliability, composure, and stability under pressure in order to handle on-the-job challenges. Respectful treatment of patients and subordinates.
- Ability to prioritize time, organize, and direct the tasks required to prepare the practice for go-live.
- Strong understanding of healthcare practices, with an emphasis on ophthalmic and optometric practices.
- Strong knowledge of computer programs including NextGen PM and EHR.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to teach technologies to non-technical people.
- Empathetic personality giving attention to patient's needs and concerns.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Ability to resolve team conflict.
- Uses creativity/innovation in carrying out responsibilities/introducing new ideas or programs; adapts traditional methodologies in accordance with a changing business environment.
Decision Making: Common decisions made in the job and the level of review or autonomy needed to finalize such decisions.
- HIPAA compliance is strictly followed in accordance with industry regulations
- May make recommendations regarding policies associated with the job's purpose and essential responsibilities.
Work Environment: Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- General office conditions.
- Extensive travel required.
Physical Requirements: Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and sometimes sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
- Employee must be able to travel for many days of the week.
** We are an Equal Employment Opportunity
TechnologyView all jobs at EyeCare Partners