Eye Consultants of Texas is looking for a hard-working, respectful optometrist to join our surgical ophthalmology practice. Our ideal candidate should be motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment. A sound, fundamental understanding of ocular disease is required along with having a focus on providing premier patient focused care.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide patient care related to the diagnosis and treatment of anterior segment disease.
- Participate in the co-management of surgical patients by providing patient education, pre-operative considerations & evaluations, and post-operative care.
- Provide specialized care to patients over the age of 18, with a focus on conditions such as dry eye disease, cataracts (with focus on premium intraocular lenses), laser vision correction, glaucoma, diabetic eye case, corneal cross-linking and other ocular conditions.
- Provide patients with consultation regarding nutritional supplements to protect their vision and ocular health.
Optometrist Job Qualifications:
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree from an accredited School of Optometry
- License to practice optometry in the state of Texas
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience desired, but not required
- Excellent standing with all licensing authorities
- Optometrist: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- On call (rotating)