We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and heck, did we mention we love the outdoors? How much more fun does THAT get?
This position is responsible for efficiently managing the company’s inventory assets and all processes surrounding, forecasting, purchasing and analysis. This position involves analysis of various sources of data in order to develop demand forecasts, create and track purchase orders, communicate with suppliers, schedule production, optimize stock turns, minimize excess inventories and out-of-stocks and provide internal users accurate analysis and reporting.
*Exxel Outdoors is relocating to Broomfield, CO in March 2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze inventory, demand, forecasts, sales history, market trends, and vendor lead times to place timely purchase orders within budget; ensuring appropriate inventory levels for all items.
- Establish and maintain item level demand forecasts through collaboration and statistical analysis to discover and understand historical demand patterns; utilize findings to improve supply chain performance.
- Maintain visibility to disposition of shipments and monitor production; adjust POs in system as necessary.
- Prepare and conduct monthly Planning Review Meetings for company-wide audience; garner feedback and relay general inventory information.
- Manage purchases around style life cycle to prevent potential excess/obsolete inventory; work with product teams for product life cycle visibility.
- Maintain accurate line list including coding of Excess and Obsolete items, publish updated reports prior to the end of the season for closeouts.
- Regular and upon request inventory level reporting by Division, Label, Category, Location and status (obsolete/aged/current).
- Communicate regularly with customer service and sales management on key issues that may effect on time delivery of product to customers.
- Provide support and/or training to other staff members as required.
- Daily communication with numerous International and Domestic suppliers
- SKU creation and costing.
- Maintain company Master Cost Grids.
- Planning process documentation, project status management; lead and design continuous evolution of tools, processes, and reporting.
- Create off-system custom reporting as required by the business.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience in retailing/manufacturing sector with a comprehensive understanding of supply chain planning activities, inventory management processes, measurements and best practices.
- Firm understanding of key inventory performance metrics, turns, months of supply, excess and obsolete inventory, lead time planning, safety stock, margin contributions, etc.
- Firm understanding of demand management/forecasting tools, sales forecasting processes, marketing operations, finance, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain issues.
- Understanding of international production and sourcing practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the “Open-to-Buy” and/or Budgeting process.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree (Supply Chain and/or Business Administration preferred)
- APICS certification is a plus
- Must be able to solve complex problems with an analytical approach. Ability to determine root cause and develop creative solutions.
- Familiarity with accounting controls and budgeting, planning, and forecasting processes. Strong background in spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communications skills.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Excel, Access, and ERP systems.
- Detail oriented and accurate
- A strong work ethic, a high degree of creativity and resourcefulness, strong written and verbal communication skills, highly organized, and meticulous.
If this sounds like you then let us know you are interested!