Extreme Staffing is looking for a Certified Professional Coder. Must Have Certification to Apply for this Position,Certification in CCS, CCS-P, RHIA, RHIT, CPC, or specialty coding with 1 to 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge of hospital patient care charts and patient histories.
· Ability to analyze complex medical records and identify billable services.
· Ability to maintain quality and safety standards.
· Knowledge of current and developing issues and trends in medical coding procedures requirements.
· Advanced knowledge of medical hospital coding procedures, systems, and regulatory issues.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding.
· Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
· Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes and interprets patient hospital medical records within an area of medical/clinical specialty in order to determine amount and nature of billable services. 2. Utilizes advanced, specialized knowledge of medical codes and coding procedures to assign and sequence appropriate diagnostic/procedure billing codes, in compliance with third party payer requirements.
3. Interacts with physicians and other patient care providers regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures, and regulations; obtains clarification of conflicting, ambiguous, or non-specific documentation.
4. Monitors billing performances to ensure optimal reimbursement while adhering to regulations prohibiting unbundling and other questionable practices.
5. Formulates recommendations to providers regarding improved documentation practices to avoid future claims denials.
6. Researches inquiries from providers and patients about fees, reimbursements, and denials.
7. Monitors external data sources to ensure receipt and analysis of all charges.
8. Ensures strict confidentiality of financial and medical records.
9. Follows established policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety and environmental standards.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.