Sr. Data Architect
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Extensiv is a visionary technology leader focused on creating the future of omnichannel fulfillment. Through our unrivaled network of more than 2,000 connected 3PLs and a suite of integrated, cloud-native warehouse, order, and inventory management platforms we allow modern merchants and brands to fulfill demand anywhere with superior flexibility and scale without painful platform migrations.
Extensiv is seeking an experienced Data Architect (hybrid or remote) to join our talented Software Architecture team. You will direct the efforts of talented data engineers and data scientists in the process of building our in-house solution that translates analytical questions into effective reports that drive business action. You will identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect the analytics solutions. You will guide the engineers as they design, build, and support the analytics datasets, which can then be easily consumed by visualization tools. You will guide the engineers as they build data pipeline workflows so that the created datasets refresh automatically on a recurring basis. You will evaluate ever-evolving analytics technology stacks and provide recommendations, will be responsible for incoming analytics requests, and will collaborate with other Software Engineering teams.
- Be a hands-on, contributing member on the Architecture team
- Partner with the Product Manager of BI Products to deliver innovative data insights for customers
- Oversee continuous data quality, data latency, and query performance monitoring and improvement
- Be a key contributor of architectural discussions and decisions for new applications across our product portfolio
- Ensure data privacy and security policies are defined and followed
- Clearly document processes and procedures
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (Masters in Data Analytics is a plus)
- 10+ years of experience building enterprise-level software
- Demonstrated experience with Cloud development
- Demonstrated experience using analytics tools to generate reports and data visualizations (e.g., MS PowerBI, Tableau)
- Demonstrated experience developing and optimizing data warehouses
- Demonstrated experience with ETL Tools (e.g., Pentaho, AWS DMS)
- Extensive experience creating ETL workflows on large volumes of raw data from multiple sources.
- Extensive experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with columnar databases such as Amazon RedShift
- Experience building and managing data pipeline workflows
- Experience working in Big Data distributed SQL query engines
- Strong understanding of large-scale content management systems and data modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with individuals across the organization
- Experience with ticket/release management tools, e.g., Jira
- Experience with any hosted Git provider (e.g., GitLab, GitHub, BitBucket)
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience with AWS Quicksight
- Experience developing machine learning models
- Experience with real-time business intelligence
- AWS certifications
We look for team players and authentic people that strive for excellence and aren’t afraid to be themselves while they do it — because that’s what special teams are made of. If you’re ready to make an impact, take on responsibility, and be a part of our team, then apply to join our team. Our promise is to enable and equip you for long-term success, all while being surrounded by good people looking to do amazing work.
To create the highest-performing team of professionals, Extensiv focuses on building a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive team that represents our customers and greater communities. To increase diversity, Extensiv's recruiting and hiring efforts focus on attracting individuals that are diverse in thought, experience, age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or belief, nationality, disability, veteran status, and any other protected status.
Teams at Extensiv are expected to empower, engage, and hold their peers accountable for nurturing an inclusive environment where every individual has an equal opportunity to advance and be fairly compensated for their work.
Extensiv does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies or search firms and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
AddressEl Segundo, CA
Get fresh Cloud Data Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.