Demand Planning Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Built on over 20 years of experience, ExpressPoint provides high quality IT hardware, multi-vendor depot repair and supply chain services at the lowest total cost. Serving large OEMs, field service providers, and 3PLs that support distributed IT and data center customers, we deliver 1.6 million global shipments annually at a 98%+ fill rate from ISO 9001:2015 certified facilities in the United States and Mexico. Our customers experience improved asset utilization and field force effectiveness, lower total cost and complete satisfaction. We also provide a fun, yet professional working environment.
ExpressPoint has a full-time opportunity for a Demand Planning Analyst to join our team. This position is responsible for ensuring whole part and component part forecasts are accurate across all time horizons for all customers. Identifies root cause of forecast error by collaborating with customer teams, analyzing system settings, demand patterns and ensuring data integrity. Determines and implements course of action to improve forecast inputs, and recommended adjustments. Drives enhanced use of forecasting software to improve efficiency and accuracy in forecasting process.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops demand forecasts for all customers to drive organizational planning activities according to established timelines.
- Analyzes historical customer demand
- Determines correct models, and tuning parameters.
- Meets with assigned customer teams to identify inputs to statistical models.
- Shares insights, collaborates on assumptions and identifies forecast drivers.
- Collaborates with finance team to develop revenue and materials budgets and forecasts from demand requirements.
- Participates in production scheduling addressing demand requirements including core analysis.
- Analyzes core trends incorporating into demand forecasting and budgeting.
- Data provider for various customer profitability activity-based costing.
- Responsible for achieving forecast accuracy and forecast bias goals.
- Becomes an expert in SPM forecasting tool, trains others as needed, including documentation and process improvement.
- Works with Source Planners to understand component usage and impact to component forecast.
- Partners with Master Schedulers to help create long range forecasts for rough cut capacity planning.
- Reduce Excess and Overstock inventory by identifying and correcting root cause of issue.
- Analyze and provide relevant summary data and communication pertaining to the demand planning process.
- Supports reporting and other functional tasks for Customer Planning and/or Source Planning as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a supply chain, forecasting or demand planning environment.
- Experienced working with forecasting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive measurable forecasting improvements.
- Ability to clearly present information, influence, persuade and negotiate with others.
- Keen analytical skills, advanced Excel experience.
Other Skills and abilities
- General understanding of manufacturing/repair processes, engineering concepts, materials management methodologies, sales cycle progression, and financial measurement tools/metrics.
- Able to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external functional areas including business development, program management, source planning, and others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound analytical skills to gather and analyze, draw conclusions, and effectively summarize data.
- Proven ability to set priorities and to work with minimal direction and supervision.
At ExpressPoint, we offer a great benefits package. Our health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage begin on your first day of employment! We also offer paid vacations, holidays, 401K, short term and long term disability, and tuition reimbursement.
Get fresh Demand Planning Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!