Medical Assistant - Harford County
- $17 to $20 Hourly
Full Time Medical Assistant- Harford County
ExpressCare Urgent Care Centers is currently seeking flexible and dependable Medical Assistants with the ability to multi-task in a high paced environment to join our medical team. Our locations are open 7 days a week from 9am-9pm. All full time employees work 3 shifts per week in their marketed area. Open availability and the ability to work weekends and holidays is required. Applicants must be willing to work at any ExpressCare location due to a staffing or center emergency or reduction of work.
Harford County Region
ExpressCare Bel Air
ExpressCare at the Festival
ExpressCare Forest Hill
Children’s Urgent Care of Bel Air
The Medical Assistant is responsible for maintaining effective patient throughput, while assisting the provider with maintaining a high level of standard patient care. The Medical Assistant duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Documenting patient information into the EMR
· Measuring and recording vital signs
· Conducting rapid lab tests
· Accurately recording lab results in the EMR
· Administering injections
· Performing EKGs
· Applying orthopedic splints
· Assisting the provider with simple medical procedures
· Preparing and collecting specimens for LabCorp
· Adhering to established policies and procedures
· Attending staff meetings as scheduled by Upper Management
· Completing checklists and tasks such as supply inventory assigned within the shift
Minimum education and professional requirements include but are not limited to:
· Employee must be 18 years of age or older
· Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program and externship, required
· Certified or Registered (CMA or RMA), preferred
· Minimum one year of clinical experience in a physician’s office or hospital, preferred
· CPR Certification, required
· COVID-19 Vaccine, required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work 12 plus hour shifts
· Ability to sit, stand, and walk for longer periods of time
· Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, as needed
· Ability to travel to different locations and have reliable transportation
To keep our staff as safe as possible, we have installed clear plastic barriers, and provided masks, gloves, face shields, and hand sanitizer. We have implemented social distancing policies and are following all CDC guidelines.
Full-Time 9a-9p, 3 shifts per week with rotating weekends. All centers are open 7 days a week including holidays.
ExpressCare Urgent CareBel Air, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.