Outside Sales Representative
Express Seed Company Spokane, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The successful candidate will be responsible for selling products to designated accounts while developing new business outside of their assigned portfolio. The candidate will also represent the company in all activities associated with assigned account support to achieve gross revenue and profit goals.
- Sell to a variety of assigned accounts and manage the day-to-day customer interactions such as forecasting and troubleshooting
- Add value to the grower by reducing complexity and providing pertinent information to maximize their success
- Deliver superior product knowledge along with technical support to operate as a trusted partner.
- Bring prospects and leads through the sales funnel to conversion and new sales growth
- Maintain attention on key performance indicator (KPI) reports to manage assigned accounts and sustain portfolio growth
- Develop new business outside of assigned account portfolio
- Work together with internal teams to ensure order accuracy for customers
- Travel as needed to maintain and grow current business, garner new business opportunities, and present seasonal catalogs to customers.
- Allocate inventories and order quantities accurately using sales software to support assigned sales plans and work dynamically to resolve imbalances
- Lead the development of customer presentations in support of assigned accounts
Required Technical Skills:
- Intermediate (or better) knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of promotion techniques, negotiation tactics, distribution channels, and good will
- Practical analytical problem solving and research skills; effective communication skills for exchanging routine and non-routine information (verbally and written)
- Multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledge of business intelligence, CRM, and reporting tools
Requirements for the position include:
- Undergraduate degree in Horticulture, Ag Science or Business
- 1-3 years of experience in commercial greenhouse growing desired
- Additional experience and/or horticulture product development experience preferred
- Ability to travel 50% or more as needed (domestic travel)
Express Seed Company
Express Seed Company provides the fastest connection to a worldwide network of breeders and suppliers of greenhouse inputs.