Express Pros Fresno, CA
- Posted: September 25, 2021
Located in Fresno, CA
Project Engineer $60-70k
Objectives & Measurement Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities: (results this role is expected to accomplish)
Including but not limited to:
- Under the general direction of the Project Engineering Manager, plans, develops and implements a wide variety of Engineering duties concerned with construction, design, and project coordination, applicable to specific customer order requirements (i.e., Engineered-To-Order (EtO) products).
- Make improvements to company product lines consistent with Engineering standards while continuously working to improve Engineering processes.
- Effective communication and support with both internal and external customers on customer orders & other Engineering related projects.
- This job description reflects managements assignments of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications The details described here are representative of those that are encountered by or must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate
- Engineering experience greater than 2 years and project management skills
- Expert understanding of general engineering principles (may be satisfied with > 2 yrs engineering experience or PE or MSE)
- Competent user of CAD/CAE tools
The successful Project Engineer must:
- Time management skills, detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Read, write, and speak English effectively
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, specifications, prepare Production Releases consisting of project outline drawings, job specific drawings, schematics, performance curves, engineering bill of materials, test requirements, and other technical documentation as necessary. Deliver on time and with minimal errors and omissions
- Prepare technical reports, operating and maintenance manuals for equipment design when required
- Must be self-motivated and customer oriented, have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Work at a fast pace while prioritizing many important, urgent, and sometimes conflicting assignments
- Perform analysis of design for improved performance, appearance, engineering concept, and manufacturing capability of product line.
- Work in compliance with all applicable codes and standards (i.e.ISO9001, ASME Y14, API610, H.I.)
- Provide support to peers and operations with project and process related questions in a timely manner
- Improve processes and procedures to improve team performance.
- Assist new employees
- Assist Field Service personnel in resolving any construction problems incurred on project
- Occasional travel to support the business and projects.
- Computer skills required including Microsoft Office, Windows, email, internet and MRP
- Observe all environmental, health, safety, and quality requirements
Read, write, and speak English effectively. Ability to write concise reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and channel partners.
Ability to apply affinity laws to solve and validate performance or system issues. Ability to apply costing methods and procedures to validate quote accuracy.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must display a positive, constructive, and customer-oriented attitude.
The candidate should be competent with the Microsoft Office suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level for the work environment is usually quiet.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyones efforts to succeed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
#piqExpress Office: Fresno (East) 7411 North Cedar Suite 101 Fresno, CA 93720PandoLogic. Keywords: Project Engineer, Location: Fresno, CA - 93715
TechnologyView all jobs at Express Pros