The Automotive Service Manager, reporting to the Store Manager, will be responsible for setting the highest standards of excellence and personifying our core values to support operations in the service department of your store. This will involve creating a highly-motivated team environment, and working closely with the Service Team to improve their performance through hands-on presence in the store by efficiently developing and coaching team members, and executing store processes & procedures.
Automotive Service Manager Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Specific duties for this customer service role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support in the store recruiting process by assisting the Store Manager on final employment decisions
- Supervising technicians and service personnel, planning and scheduling their duties, assigning work, and following up on completion of assignments
- Coaching service department teammates on all operational issues of working the process within the ISI systems and service standards
- Working directly with customers in areas of sales, service, customer opportunities, adjustments, etc.
- Evaluating performance and productivity of all service department personnel
- Managing parts inventory and outside purchases, ensuring it complies with parts and Tire Purchase Program as well as updating and restocking all in-house parts when needed
- Ensuring store safety, including the use of and maintenance of safety equipment
- Ensuring equipment/hardware layout and positioning within the service department
- Supervising shop area, equipment and teammates for compliance with company safety procedure
- Coaching personnel on enforcing wheel torqueing process
- Ensures that proper inspections are being conducted
We are looking for:
- Outstanding leadership and store management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to mentor others in a manner that ensures efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to develop professional relationships with customers and team members
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Service Manager role
- Proven track record of exceeding business objectives
- Ability to work efficiently both individually and as part of a team
- Solid knowledge of basic OSHA laws and MSDS Compliance
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Express Oil Change & Tire EngineersWe are a privately-held one-stop automotive service provider whose mission is to give each customer the assurance that their car is well-maintained by providing the highest quality products and services, delivered quickly and conveniently, in a superior environment by a friendly, professional staff, emphasizing integrity in every action. If you are an energetic and motivated individual, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing business. If you want to work with top notch people and help to make someone’s day, join us and start feeling great about what you do!