Pharmacy Technician (Closed Door Medication Management Pharmacy)
Express Med Pharmacy Services Monaca, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PHARMACY FILL TECHNICIAN:
Express Med Pharmacy Services is recruiting a dedicated full time pharmacy technician to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals in our journey of helping patients better manage their medications. With expertise and caring, we strive to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of each person we serve. Experience preferred, must work some evenings and weekends, The position will share responsibility and commitment with our team of associates to ensure that our Mission below is accomplished.
“Through a core focus on expertise, integrity and first-class service, our family of associates strives to positively affect each client’s quality of life.”
Work in a fast-paced, high energy environment that specializes in taking care of patients managing multiple medications. We utilize automation and technology to provide a state of the art compliance packaging and medication management program. .Assist Pharmacist in the preparation of prescriptions as permitted by Federal and State laws. Achieve customer satisfaction by promptly processing and filling prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain the policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares prescriptions at various workstations for dispensing by the pharmacist by retrieving, counting, pouring, sorting, and at times weighing and mixing medication following all prescription error prevention procedures.
- Processes orders, affixes prescription labels and packages medications/ OTC's for pharmacist review following all prescription error prevention procedures.
- Responsible for running automated machinery and automated dispensing machines that pre-sorts, fulfills, and verifies medication pouches.
- Prepare and fulfill medication exception trays for automated dispensing machines with appropriate medication in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ability to use multiple pharmacy software programs to review patient profiles and process medication orders.
- Monitor pharmacy workflow queues to ensure all patient orders and cycles are processed timely, efficiently, and by due date.
- Retrieve medications from stock and return after use.
- Monitor and replenish robotic dispensing machine inventory on-demand and per daily schedule.
- Ensure that all workstations/ work areas are well maintained (neat, clean, organized, and free from clutter and food).
- Spot errors and follow all error prevention protocols to ensure the highest level of quality assurance.
- Verify the accuracy of patient orders and packaging times sent to automated dispensing machines
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly productions requirements and goals as set forth by management.
- Refer prescription questions to a Pharmacist.
- Understands and always maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (Uphold HIPAA regulations).
- Does not inappropriately access, listen to, or distribute and sensitive information or allow others to do so.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 + years old. High school diploma/ or GED equivalent required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPh.T) or at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related are is preferred. If certified, maintain a current certificate.
- Complete required employer orientation as directed by pharmacy.
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/ confirmed shifts.
- Service orientated high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic with exceptional attention to detail
- Positive attitude is a must
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
ExpressMed offers a benefits package that includes competitive salary, 401k Match, individual medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays.
ExpressMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or express, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Compensation and benefits package includes;
• Competitive salary
• 401K Match
• Medical with prescription drug plan
• Dental/ Vision
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
• Personal & Sick Days
• Paid Birthday off
- Rotating Schedule between 7am - 5pm Mon - Fri
- Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays (weekends subject to change based on volume and growth)
- On The Job Training
- Closed door setting
- High energy, dynamic, and professional work environment
Express Med Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or express, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Express Med Pharmacy ServicesWhy Work Here?
Excellent Compensation & Benefits Package, Fast-Paced & Exciting Work Environment, and Lots of Room For Growth!
Express Med Pharmacy Services is a rapidly growing innovative medication management pharmacy that combines the traditional methodologies of long term care pharmacy practices with new innovation and old school customer service. At Express Med Pharmacy we are committed to helping patients achieve better medication outcomes through my-medPak, our comprehensive medication management program. Express Med Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or express, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
3950 Brodhead Rd. MonacaMonaca, PA