PHARMACY DATA ENTRY TECHNICIAN:
Express Med Pharmacy Services is recruiting a dedicated full time data entry technician to join our dynamic team of healthcare professionals in our journey of helping patients better manage their medications. With expertise and caring, we strive to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of each person we serve. Experience preferred, Monday - Friday daylight shift, no weekends. The position will share responsibility and commitment with our team of associates to ensure that our Mission below is accomplished.
“Through a core focus on expertise, integrity and first-class service, our family of associates strives to positively affect each client’s quality of life.”
Work in a fast-paced, high energy environment that specializes in taking care of patients managing multiple medications. We utilize automation and technology to provide a state of the art compliance packaging (multi-dose pouches) and medication management program. Responsible for interpreting prescriptions, entering all demographic data, creating patient profiles, and accurate claim adjudication within the pharmacy management, CRM, and other proprietary systems. Achieve customer satisfaction by promptly entering and processing prescriptions in an accurate and timely manner. Maintain the policies and procedures of the Pharmacy Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, review and interpret prescription data, OTC and other health related orders sent from prescribing physician (s).
- Enters and processes new prescriptions, refills, OTC's and other health related orders via eScribe, fax, phone in an accurate and timely manner.
- Creates patient profiles and enters all demographic data, allergies, diagnosis, and all other pertinent health related information into the pharmacy management and CRM systems.
- Ability to use multiple pharmacy software programs to review patient profiles and process medication orders.
- Interpret medical abbreviations and terminology
- Calculates dosages, days supply, and appropriate quantities based on the prescription.
- Process monthly cycle fills in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adjudicates prescription claims to third party insurance in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates with patients to establish program start dates, discuss prescription questions, and other MMP Program related information.
- Courteous and professional at all times to staff and external customers.
- Monitor pharmacy workflow queues to ensure all patient orders and cycles are processed timely, efficiently, and by due date.
- Verify the accuracy of patient orders and packaging times sent to automated dispensing machines.
- Ensure that all workstations/ work areas are well maintained (neat, clean, organized, and free from clutter and food).
- Spot errors and follow all error prevention protocols to ensure the highest level of quality assurance.
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly productions requirements and goals as set forth by management.
- Refer prescription questions to a Pharmacist.
- Understands and always maintains confidentiality regarding patient medications and illnesses (Uphold HIPAA regulations).
- Does not inappropriately access, listen to, or distribute and sensitive information or allow others to do so.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 + years old. High school diploma/ or GED equivalent required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPh.T) or at least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related are is preferred. If certified, maintain a current certificate.
- Complete required employer orientation as directed by pharmacy.
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/ confirmed shifts.
- Service orientated high degree of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic with exceptional attention to detail
- Positive attitude is a must
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
ExpressMed offers a benefits package that includes competitive salary, 401k Match, individual medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and holidays.
ExpressMed Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or express, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Compensation and benefits package includes;
• Competitive salary
• 401K Match
• Medical with prescription drug plan
• Dental/ Vision
• Paid Vacation & Holidays
• Personal & Sick Days
• Paid Birthday off
- Rotating Schedule between 7am - 5pm Mon - Fri
- Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays (weekends are subject to change based on volume and growth)
- On The Job Training
- Closed door setting (no walk in patients)
- High energy, dynamic, and professional work environment
Express Med Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or express, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Express Med Pharmacy Services
Why Work Here?Express Med Pharmacy Services is a rapidly growing innovative medication management pharmacy that combines the traditional methodologies of long term care pharmacy practices with new innovation and old school customer service. At Express Med Pharmacy we are committed to helping patients achieve better medication outcomes through my-medPak, our comprehensive medication management program. Express Med Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or express, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Excellent Compensation & Benefits Package, Fast-Paced & Exciting Work Environment, and Lots of Room For Growth!