Express Employment Professionals is a professional staffing company dedicated to helping local businesses find local people. We are currently staffing for our client located in Ankney, IA. They are seeking Tool and Die Designer Machinists to become an integral part of their team! This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build components for engineering projects and use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer.This is a Direct Hire opportunity with 1st and 2nd shift available!
- Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
- Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots existing molds to make improvements or corrections repairs.
- Work with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
- Other duties as required.
- High school education coursework or GED required. Two-year tool & die degree or four years’ experience in tooling or mold making preferred. Experience using tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders and lathes.
- Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. An understanding of cause and effect as it relates to mold making. Use of experience to trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Willingness to attend conferences, classes or training to enhance and update knowledge and skills. Occasional travel may be requested for company business. Overtime may be required to meet toolroom work demands.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to stand and use hand to manipulate very small parts or tweezers. Normal or corrected to normal vision is required with good color vision, close vision, and ability to use microscope and adjust focus.
- Frequent movement throughout the facility is required. May be required to move or transport up to 55 lbs.
- Employee may have contact with machining residues such as steel chips, grinding dust, EDM smoke, cutting oils and coolants. Safety glasses are required
Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city.
To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.