Staff Accountant (Property Management) $60-70K
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Express Employment Professionals is currently partnering with one of the premier non-profit Property Management companies in the US, based in the Twin Cities, to directly hire a staff accountant to support their CFO. A top performer in this role will perform traditional daily accounting task and be delegated duties, responsibilities, that will develop you to replace the scheduled retirement of their CFO within the next 2-3 years. The Accountant will be responsible to the CFO for managing all core accounting functions for 13 properties throughout Minnesota; duties include maintaining all financial records and statements including, general ledger, journal entries, reconcile bank statements, internal controls, vendor management, A/P & A/R, coding chart of accounts and month end reconciliation. Starting pay for this position is $60,000 - $70,000 annually.
Oversee the general ledger accounting function of the company to accurately reflect income and expenses to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, collections, and rent invoicing.
Support payroll processes as needed.
- GL account reconciliations and analysis, complete month-end close and journal entries.
- Support the organizations budget and forecasting activities.
- Support other manual processes as needed (filing, W9’s, data entry, check mailing)
- Familiarity with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
· Familiarity with the coordination of required federal financial filings, as well as the annual audit preparation for a CPA firm.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of progressive experience in an Accounting position.
• Multi-entity experience a plus.
• High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication, problem solving, initiative, and teamwork skills.
• Minimum of three years experience with MS Dynamics GP preferred.
• Experience using Yardi Classic preferred.
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
Express Employment Professionals
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 800 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative.
Finance and Insurance