Express Employment Professionals is now hiring for a Safety Coordinator at Heinz/Ore-Ida in Ontario, OR.
Shift: Revolve/ Graveyard
Failure to maintain current required certification/license required for a pay grade will result in downgrade to appropriate grade until certification/license is again current as required for the higher pay grade. Employee must advance to the highest level within the specified time span, absent a reasonable explanation acceptable to the Company. If incumbent does not advance, they must bid out of the position within 15 days of written notice by the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned as needed to support the Mission of the Loss Prevention Department.
• Implements the Behavioral Observation System (BOS) as directed with emphasis on a proactive, safe workplace. Work one-on-one with hourly employees and supervisors to encourage and motivate employees to practice safe workplace habits. Serve as a role model for other employees by displaying a high commitment to safety. Observations tallied/documented by hourly employees are collected and summarized into charts which are posted in prospective departments and sent weekly to management for review.
• Implements the “Key Element” process by auditing, inspecting machines and equipment for accident prevention devices; fire prevention equipment and other safety and first aid supplies; and the use of required safety procedures and equipment such as permits, glasses, hard hats, goggles, respirators and clothing. Assists with testing of work areas for noise, toxic and other hazards to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Initiates Accident Investigation Report and audit findings in concert with hourly employees, supervisory employees and the maintenance department to develop alternatives and recommendations for corrective actions. Documents and reports observations pertinent to on-site health and accident issues.
• Conducts required safety training for new hires (hourly, foremen), contractors, interns, and temporary workers. Presents specific training sessions as indicated for communication of updated/new information. Researches, compiles, or distributes materials on various safety and/or OSHA topics to be used in safety meetings and training sessions.
• Attends and supports shift foremen with on-shift safety and ergonomic meetings.
• Assists in planning and responding to emergencies, evacuations and drills as required.
• Provides accurate and timely documentation and follow-up pertinent to health and safety issues.
• Collects money, stocks, and tracks inventory for medication vending machines.
• Reviews Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and shift specific safety documents when New Hires come on shift.
• Updates and maintains JSAs for all production job grades. Works with foremen to ensure each employee reviews and signs JSAs for his/her job grades once per calendar year. Creates and maintains orderly file of JSA packets. Develops new JSAs as indicated.
• Assists Shift Foremen in creating and supporting Safety Mission Statement.
• Assists company Nurse to review and order appropriate safety and first aid supplies.
• Initiates Worker Compensation 801 Report as needed.
• Performs BIOHAZARD cleanup as needed.
• Conducts a minimum of two Factory Walkthrough Audits per shift.
• Maintains radio communication with shift Foremen at all times.
• Responds readily to any emergency call.
• General Administrative Duties include: filing/record keeping, keyboarding, phone and e-mail messaging and scheduling. Use of computer programs to aid with record keeping and feedback processes.
• Compiles and analyzes shift/department data such as TRIR, incidents, environmental monitoring.
• Attends Continuing Education classes and other Training Sessions as needed or required.
• Regularly inspects emergency shower and eye wash stations.
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or 2 yrs. of demonstrated safety leadership / administration / practitioner; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• No safety violations in the past 12-month period.
• Possesses basic computer skills (MS Word, Electronic Mail, Excel and Internet).
• Demonstrates a commitment to safety by volunteering for the Safety Committee, BOS Team, or Safety Audit Team within the past 2 years.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Incumbent must hold and maintain the following:
• Heinz Frozen Food Company equipment operator’s license with a Lift Truck endorsement.
• A valid driver licenses.
• Ability to secure and maintain:
o First Responder certification
o First Aid/CPR/AED certification
o Certified First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor
o Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training certification
o Valid driver’s license
o Valid Lift Truck license
o Hazmat Certification
To apply visit our website at www.expresspros.com/fruitlandid, or call out office at 208-452-4864.
Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city.
To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
Express Employment Professionals
Why Work Here?Express Employment Professionals of Boise, ID is a leading staffing provider helping job seekers find work with a wide variety of local businesses. Because we're locally owned, we live in and work in this community and have a vested interest in its success. In addition to our staffing services, our team is actively involved with a wide variety of causes and organizations that help strengthen our beautiful city. Our Vision: To help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people.
We're On A Mission To Put A Million People To Work!