Quality Assurance Specialist
Express Employment Professionals Lincoln, NE
- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Express Employment is searching for a quality assurance technician here in Lincoln, NE. The Quality Assurance (QA) Technician performs quality assurance duties as needed to support plant operations. Examines Company facilities to ensure standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. Monitors cleaning and sanitation procedures and performs product testing. Directly reports to the Quality Assurance Supervisor for proper direction, interpretation, and evaluation.
· Work with Production Manager to monitor and document the safety and quality of raw and finished products; report any deviation from quality of service that may become a potential liability
· Provide proper forms and control samples to shift leaders and operators as needed for production
· Assist and monitor cleaning and sanitation procedures; assist with research and development (R&D) projects
· Perform QA testing during the course of production, including, but not limited to, moisture, sensory, and granulation analysis; resolve all quality problems
· Monitor timeliness and completeness of QA procedures and documentation, i.e., equipment line clean-outs, Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) duties, Critical Control Point/Control Point (CCP/CP) procedures, etc.
· Ensure all paperwork is complete in an accurate and timely manner; ensure the documentation complies with Company standards
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, i.e. personnel, safety, and equipment maintenance and upkeep
· Become proficient in areas of production and safety policies and procedures (accident/injury reporting, blood borne pathogens, confined spaces, emergency evacuation, equipment operation/maintenance, hazard communication, ladders, lockout/tag out, personal protective equipment, etc.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or Food Science is desirable
· Two to four years of experience in a production facility in quality control is highly desirable
· Individual must be equipped with strong motivation, organization, time management, documentation, and communication skills (both orally and written)
· Must have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Demonstration of strong work ethics (punctual, dependable, and trustworthy)
· Ability to utilize common sense and skills in completing responsibilities and operating equipment conforming to company production, personnel, and safety procedures
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
· Ability to write correspondence and effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
· Must be able to communicate and handle conflict in a professional manner
· Ability to give and welcome feedback and contribute to building a positive team spirit
· All personal protective equipment furnished must be worn by all employees when required or needed to perform proper and safe working conditions
· Regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions
· Continually works near moving mechanical parts
· Periodically works in high or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, and extreme cold (non-weather)
· Regularly required to work in extreme heat (non-weather)
· Continually required to work in high noise levels
· Regularly exposed to vibration
- Continually (70-100% of the time) required to stand and walk and rarely required to sit
- Continually (70-100% of the time) required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Regularly (50-70% of the time) required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl using proper ergonomic principles
- Continually (70-100% of the time) required to talk and hear
- Regularly (50-70% of the time) required to taste or smell
- Regularly (50-70% of the time) required to lift up to 25 lbs. and periodically required to lift up to 50 lbs., 100 lbs., and more than 100 lbs. utilizing safe and proper lifting techniques and equipment
- Continually (70-100% of the time) utilize specific vision abilities required to perform the essential functions of the job, i.e., close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
If you are interested, please give us a call at 402-420-5800 or apply at expresspros.com/lincolnne/
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
Great Company, Locally Owned, Family Values, Positive Culture
Express Employment helps people find both short and long term work opportunities as well as Direct Hire positions. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, 401K, vacation and holiday pay in addition to a company car and company cell phone.