Express Employment Professionals Indianapolis, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purchasing Agent - 4 month temporary position
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
• Support the designated Sourcing & Inventory Leader on all sourcing activities as it applies
to the implementation of a new program within Parts Super Center.
• Firm grasp and understanding of multi-level indented Bills of Material (BOMs) for
manufacturing and ordering purposes
• Review BOMs to identify required parts to set-up in Procurement System and to initiate
supplier set-up process.
• Submit BOMs to be uploaded into Procurement System.
• Submit Request for Quotes (RFQs) to suppliers.
• Ensure timeliness of actions by following up with both internal stakeholders and
external stakeholders (suppliers).
• Ability to prioritize and organize work based on immediate need or as required by
Sourcing & Inventory Leader.
• Ability to complete work within a required timeframe as specified by Sourcing & Inventory
Leader or Program Manager.
• Present effective communication skills through multiple mediums including phone, in
person, email and instant messaging.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to prioritize and organize.
• Strong, pro-active communicator and passionate team player
• Ability to take direction
• 3-5 Years of professional purchasing/buying experience in Manufacturing or the Electrical Distribution Industry.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office products.
• Effective communication skills with peers and branch personnel.
• Solid mathematical skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The attendance demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Attendance is required Monday through Friday within normal business hours. Employee may be required to work overtime, and occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, inventory software, internet software and order processing systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
Express is a growth oriented company looking for strong performers who want to grow!
Express Employment Professionals is one of the largest staffing companies in the nation. We have over 800 offices nationally and focus on recruiting and staffing in four primary niche areas: Industrial, Skilled Trades, Offices/Administrative, and Professional. We have 6 offices in the Indy Metro and we are all locally owned and operated. We have a fast paced and professional culture and hiring for strong individuals to help us grow!
BusinessView all jobs at Express Employment Professionals