- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client in the Vaughan area is looking to hire a purchasing assistant for a manufacturing/distribution company.
- Receive and process parts sales orders from salespeople, other branches, and process through existing channels interact with shop floor production
- Receive and process parts quotations from salespeople, review with engineering as required, identifying previous quotations or projects with similar scopes of work, and based on that similarity recommend a cost to sales.
- Create Purchase Orders to process the customer orders.
- Administrative duties at the reception
- Prepare and issue weekly Parts Sales Order Status reports and parts sales work orders backlog.
- Analyze machine parts sales orders , RFQ's to establish whether there is adequate information to quote – approve or reject as required.
- Using Bill of Materials and engineering drawings, determine what is in stock and what needs to be order.
- Enter/generate purchase orders on sales orders requirements a timely manner to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Expedite purchase orders as required.
- Set up and/or request new product codes.
- Maintain and file documents.
- Call vendors for quotes and delivery updates; track orders
- Maintain excel spreadsheets and enter data (part numbers, etc.)
- Generate reports as needed, including assembly’s cost breakdown, and parts flow through the system related to the sales orders.
- Other duties required by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or College diploma coupled with 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and relate content of drawings to competency of outside suppliers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Experience/ knowledge of JD Edwards but could be trained
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; high level of accuracy
- Monday-Thursday 7:30am-4:30pm, Friday 7:30am-1:30pm
- $24-$25 per hour
- Benefits and Pension when hired
- 3 weeks vacation when hired
- Temp to Perm
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Our Richmond Hill branch is a small local office that is part of a larger organization - the best of both worlds
We thank all that apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express is a Full Service Human Resources Centre. If you do not possess the above skill set but would like to explore other opportunities we may have, please submit your resume specifying the career opportunities that would be of interest to you.
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
A great opportunity for growth
Here at Express Employment Professionals, we are large enough to exceed all your needs and expectations, yet small enough to give you the one-on-one attention and customer service you deserve. We are experts in staffing, HR solutions and recruiting qualified workers to fill your needs. Our mission is to match great people with great jobs in our thriving community. Together, we will find a career solution to meet your needs!