Express Employment Professionals is a professional staffing company dedicated to helping local businesses find local people. We are currently staffing for a military subcontractor located in Poulsbo, WA. We are seeking a Propeller Technician to join their team!
* Room for advancement hiring due to growth
* Comprehensive Benefits Package (Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K)
An innovative worldwide company, providing a wide range of products for the marine and energy market needs an enthusiastic member to join their team!
Looking for someone who has a great attitude, loves to learn and is eager to be part of a strong team. Duties will be to refinish, repair and build high-end propeller products for yachts, ships, and hydro dams.
May include but not limited to the following:
- Inspect, measure, and restore out of tolerance conditions on all custom products. This may require the use of gauging, hand tools, and air/electric tools.
- Maintain general shop cleanliness by adhering to safety, security and cleanliness standards.
- Interface and work closely with other colleagues on a daily basis as part of a team.
- Must be willing and able to perform all duties in the shop and or on-site at various locations
- The ability to comprehend or learn how to apply engineering drawings.
- Perform detailed measurement using standard and precision measurement tooling such as micrometer, veneers, and various inspection gauges.
- Document all visual and dimensional inspection data for reports using standard forms.
- Repair and verify all areas of the propeller based on using approved procedures.
- Capable of learning how to use oxy/acetylene torch equipment for heating and cutting operations.
- Perform support activities to ensure successful; repair and modification of propulsion systems.
- Operate overhead bridge & jib cranes for moving and positioning equipment and tooling.
This position requires the ability to stand, bend and squat for long periods of time during shifts. Must have CURRENT SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE, clean background, pass drug screening and have reliable transportation.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Knowledge and skill in using computer software, including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Metalworking, welding or auto body skills a plus but not required
- Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, mathematical and analytical skills needed
- Those considered for this position will be dependable, responsible, industrious, physically fit, principled, solution-oriented critical thinkers.