Express Employment Professionals Knoxville, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing daily operations at a food processing manufacturing facility. Ensure that production meets health, sanitation and quality standards set forth by the Corporation, Food Industry and Government agencies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Plans production operations while establishing priorities and sequences for the manufacturing of food product with little to no supervision
- Ensure production schedule is being followed timely in order to shut down operations each night following USDA guidelines for frozen food product
- Partners with fellow production supervisors to communicate daily plan to team leads and associates
- Works alongside the Quality Assurance management team to ensure all direct reports are compliant with the Good Manufacturing Practices program (GMPs).
- Responsible for ensuring that all direct reports are well-trained and performing their respective job functions properly
- Directly responsible for the training and development of team members
- This job requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (dry, cooler, freezer).
- Understands, communicates and facilitates a safe work culture, ensuring compliance with all company safety/environmental, SQF and housekeeping policies.
- Monitors employee performance to assure quality and production standards are met in order to complete performance reviews or disciplinary actions
- Assures employees are trained to issues adequately perform assigned tasks.
- Ensures all equipment is properly set-up, product changeover follows procedure, and written documentation follows SQF guidelines to ensures a quality product is being produced
- Responsibility to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to proper plant personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Works directly with Quality Control, Engineering, Maintenance, and Facilities on projects to improve quality, streamline efficiencies and reduce operating expenses
- Performs other duties as requested by management
- Must be a good team player and collaborate daily with Management to achieve maximum efficiency within production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to navigate basic software programs including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a quick and appropriate manner
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
· Strong mechanical and math aptitude skills
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
- Ability to stand on hard surface and wet flooring for entire shift
- Work in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the environment (dry, cooler, freezer). Occasional exposure to 80+ degree temperatures
- Work in noise heightened environment
- 3-5 years in a leadership position preferably in food manufacturing
· 2 to 4 year College degree required
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
Great Company and Excellent hours and pay! Great growth potential for hourly workers!
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express provides a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including Professional, Light Industrial, and Office Services.