- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY FOR A PRODUCT ENGINEER IN LIVINGSTON COUNTY
This position will work out of the Brighton facility. The product engineer will work alongside the engineering manager in implementing production processes and new product development in automotive tubing and heat exchangers sector. This position will be required to perform both 2D & 3D drawings for fixtures, tool designs and/or layouts of heat exchangers and fluid routing products (tubing) utilizing solid works. The candidate must be highly proficient in SolidWorks.
- Design or re-designing of tooling and gauging fixtures.
- Working with a team of product engineers in the development and design of new products, processes and tooling for tubing and heat exchanger production.
- Assisting in the APQP process for new launches.
- Using CAD models to calculate dimensions and tolerances to assure fit and function.
- Provide technical support for all performance related problems in the field as they relate to the manufacturing process.
- Conduct tolerance stack-up of designed components and confirm manufacturing tolerances to meet customer needs in vehicle assembly environment.
- Producing and implementing design and test procedures.
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products.
- Continuous improvement, identify possible actions for improvements and ensuring their implementation.
- Individuals should have at least 4 to 7 years of experience in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive supplier manufacturing environment.
- MUST be proficient in SolidWorks.
- Have a strong understanding of engineering principles, scientific analysis and project management.
- Strong understanding of the APQP process.
- Must have experiences with GD&T
- Six sigma training and demonstrated practical application of lean methodologies.
- PPAP and Core Tools experience.
Additional Preferred but Not Required Experience:
- Working knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment and design is helpful.
- Knowledge of heat exchanger production.
- Knowledge of tube bending and metal forming.
- Robotic programming and welding experience.
- In- depth knowledge of tooling and tool design.
- Experience with vehicle cooling systems and fluid routing components.
- Stamping and metal forming.
- Medical, Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan - with company match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
Express Employment ProfessionalsWhy Work Here?
If you're looking for a 1st shift opportunity offering training and room for growth, apply now online or by reaching Katie at 517 546 5627.
Here at Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. To find out more, contact us today!